|Alma mater||Government Engineering College, Thrissur|
Asura: Tale of the Vanquished |
Ajaya: Roll of the Dice
Ajaya: Rise of Kali
The Rise of Sivagami
|Children||Ananya Anand, Abhinav Anand|
Anand Neelakantan (born 5 December 1973) is an Indian author,columnist, screenwriter, television personality and motivational speaker. He has authored four fiction books.His debut work Asura, The Tale of the Vanquished is based on the Indian epics of Ramayana. His next book series was Ajaya-Roll of the Dice , Ajaya – Rise of Kali based ,the two books on the epic Mahabharata told from Kaurava perspective. Anand's books voice the suppressed party or the defeated party.
Anand Neelakantan also had signed with The producers of Baahubali, the blockbuster film for a 3 book Series based on their film Baahubali and the series will be a prequel to the film. The first book of this trilogy , Rise of Sivagami was released in March 2017. Netflix has announced a webseries on the book. His books have been translated to different languages such as Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Bengali ,Gujarati, Assamese and Indonesian Bahasa.
Anand’s Asura is one of the 100 books to be read in a life time as per Amazon. The book has sold more than half a million copies across the years. Three of Anand Neelakantan’s books have been shortlisted for crossword award during the respective years and he is also listed as one among the 100 top celebreties in India in 2015, 2017 by ForbesIndia All his books have got critical accreditions from various people across the world
Anand also writes a column for New Indian Express on current affairs and his fortnightly column is called Acute Angle
Life and career
His debut novel Asura: Tale of the Vanquished was published by Leadstart Publishing on 14 May 2012. The book became a surprise bestseller, breaking into the top seller charts within a week of its launch. His second book was based on Mahabharata and was part of a two book series. Ajaya: Roll of the Dice was released in December 2014 and the sequel Ajaya: Rise of Kali was released in July 2015.
Anand Neelakantan's latest book, The Rise of Sivagami, from the Bahubali: Before the Beginning trilogy released on 7 March 2017. SS Rajamouli, the director of the blockbuster film Baahubali, revealed the cover of the book at the Jaipur Literature Festival in 2017.
List of works
- Asura: Tale of the Vanquished (Leadstart Publishing)
- Ajaya: Roll of the Dice (Leadstart Publishing)
- Ajaya: Rise of Kali (Leadstart Publishing)
- The Rise of Sivagami: Book 1 of Baahubali - Before the Beginning (Westland - Tata Group)
- Bhoomija: Sita
- Shanta (The Story Of Rama's Sister)
- Siya Ke Ram (Star Plus)
- Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat (Colors TV)
- Sankatmochan Mahabali Hanuman (Sony TV)
- Adaalat–2 (Sony TV)
Awards and Accolades
- Kalinga International Literary Award, 2017, Kalinga Literary Festival
- Anand Neelakantan was rated as one of the most promising writers by Indian Express, amongst the six most remarkable writers of 2012 by Daily News and Analysis and rated as the second most read writer of 2012 by Financial Express.
- His first book Asura: Tale of the Vanquished was shortlisted for Crossword popular award in 2013 and his second book, Ajaya: Roll of the dice was shortlisted for Crossword popular award in 2014.
- His book, "The Rise of Sivagami (Baahubali #1) received accolades from top Indian book reviewers.
- "More to myth than meets the eye". The Telegraph. 24 January 2016. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- "Actor Nagarjuna and Amala unveils Ajaya 2, Rise of Kali a book by Anand Neelakantan". Ragalahari. Retrieved 11 August 2015.
- "'Asura', a bestseller". The Hindu. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "From Duryodhana's perspective". The Hindu. 12 August 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "The Rise of Sivagami (Bahubali Book #1)" by Anand Neelakantan, Westland Books
- "The most remarkable Indian writers of 2012". DNA India. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Anand's 'Asura' in the race for Crossword prize". The Hindu. 13 November 2013. Retrieved 14 January 2016.
- "The Rise of Sivagami | Anand Neelakantan | Book Review". www.bookgeeks.in. Retrieved 2017-04-24.