Ananda Chandra Barua
|Ananda Chandra Barua|
|Born||31 December 1907
Moran, Jorhat, Assam
|Died||27 January 1983|
|Occupation||writer, poet, playwright, translator, journalist and actor|
|Notable awards||Sahitya Academy Award (1977)
Ananda Chandra Barua (Assamese: আনন্দ চন্দ্ৰ বৰুৱা; 1907–1983) was a writer, poet, playwright, translator, journalist and actor from Assam. He is popularly known as Bokulbonor Kobi (বকুলবনৰ কবি) in Assamese literacy society. He was honoured with, most notably the Padma Shri title and Sahitya Akademi award.
- Published books
- Porag (1930) (Poem collection)
- Bijoya (1932) (drama)
- Hafizor Sur (1933) (translation of poems)
- Bisorjan (1933) (drama)
- Ranjan Rashmi (1934), (Poem collection)
- Puspak (1934) (sonnets)
- Nal Damayanty (1934) (drama)
- Meghdoot Purbamegh (1940) (translated poems)
- Komota Kuwori (1940) (drama)
- Asiar Jyoti (1960)
- Translation work;
- Soviet Kabita (1968)(translated poems)
- Kumar Sambhav (1969)(translated poems)
- Paporir Porimal (1969) (Poem collection)
- Bokul Bonor Kabita (1976)(Poem collection)
- Sei Nimati Puware Pora (1982) (Poem collection)
- Kopoi Kuwari (Children drama)
- Nilanjan (drama)
- Pondit Modon Mohan Malaviyar Jiboni (biography of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya)
- Ethan From (translations)
- Unpublished but completed works
- Panchami (children drama)
- Tejimola (children drama)
- Phulora (children’s one-act-play)
- Sahjahanor Ontim (translated play)
- Bonik Bondhu (translated play)
- Sitaharan (drama)
- Mrigamaya (drama) and
- Banipath (for school curriculum)
- Agnigarh (drama)
- Asomiya Deka (novel) and
- Amar Sahitya (for public education)
Awards and honours
The Bakul Bon Award is conferred every year in the fields of dancing, music, art and literature in the memory of 'Bakul Bonor Kabi' Ananda Chandra Barua by the Bakul Bon Trust, Assam which carries a sum of Rs 10,000 in cash and a citation.
- Assamese literature
- History of Assamese literature
- List of Asam Sahitya Sabha presidents
- List of Sahitya Akademi Award winners for Assamese
- List of Assamese-language poets
- List of Assamese writers with their pen names
- Bipuljyoti Saikia. "Bipuljyoti Saikia's Home Page : Authors & Poets – Ananda Chandra Barua". Bipuljyoti.in. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Ananda Chandra Barua". Vedanti.com. Archived from the original on 3 August 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Sisir Kumar Das (1991). A History of Indian Literature: 1800–1910, western impact: indian response / Sisir Kumar Das. Sahitya Akademi. pp. 751–. ISBN 978-81-7201-006-5. Retrieved 21 May 2013.
- "Musical tribute to poets". The Telegraph, Calcutta. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Akademi Awards Information for Assamese". Sahitya Akademi. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- indiatimes.com (6 November 2011). "Majuli remembers 'Hudhakantha' at ceremony – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- TI Trade (15 January 2012). "Bakul Bon Award to Maniram Sonowal". Assamtribune.com. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- TI Trade (15 January 2011). "Bakul Bon Award for 2011 to Bolai Ram Senapati". Assamtribune.com. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2013.