|• Total||249.63 km2 (96.38 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||16/km2 (41/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Hooghly|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Singur|
Anandanagar is at.
Anandanagar had a population of 3,963 in the 2001 census.
- Anandanagar A.C.Roy High School (Institution Code 17023) (Bengali medium)
- Anandanagar Ramanath High school (Index code G4-002) (Bengali medium)
There are five primary schools in Anandanagar:
- Anandanagar Bratachari Primary School
- Anandanagar Primary School
- Anandanagar Porepara Primary School
- Anandanagar Hamangini Primary School
- Khosalpure Primary School
There is a central government hospital 'Anandanagar Union Health Center & Rural Training Unit' under Singur unit. It has all necessary primary facilities, six-bed capacity (maternity ward), outdoor facilities for general patients.
Roads and transportation
The main road is 'Anandanagar Link Road' (length 2.7 km, width 5 m). It is the main artery of the village and it is connected to the SH2 via Chandannagar-Nasibpur road. Another road renovated under 'Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana' connects between kaliwada and Singur via Rajarbathan. Boinchipota, Anandanagar, Ratanpur.
There is Auto & Trecker service to Singur, Chandannagar, Kamarkundu. The nearest railway stations are Singur and Nasibpur on Howrah-Tarakeshwar section.
- Anandanagar Ramkrishna Sangha
- Anandanagar Brotachari Sangha
- Khosalpur Danger Shangha
The current Panchayat Prodhan from Anandanagar Panchayat is Amar Pore of AITC, who won the seat in Panchayat elections of 2013. Profulla Pore of AITC won this seat in 2003 and Prem Prasad Adhikari of AITC won this seat in 1998.
- "CENSUS DATA District Name: HUGLI(12) Block Name: Singur(0012)". West Bengal Govt. Retrieved 2009-01-26.