The skyline of Malkajgiri
|City & Metro||Secunderabad & Hyderabad Metropolitan Region|
|Court||X Metropolitan Magistrate Court Malkajgiri at Neredmet|
|Police Station||Malkajgiri PS |
|• Official||Telugu Urdu|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Malkajgiri|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Malkajgiri|
As of the 2011 India census,. Malkajgiri had a population of 413,571. The population is 51% male and 49% female. Malkajgiri has an average literacy ratio of 87% with 321,525 total people literated. In terms of literacy, Malkajgiri ranks at 1st in K.V.Rangareddy district , higher than the national average of 59.5%; male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 65%. In Malkajgiri, 7% of the population is under 6 years of age.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Malkajgiri Assembly Constituency is a new constituency formed after delimitation of constituencies. The General elections held in 2009 were the first elections to be held in this constituency. Akula Rajender Mudiraj was elected as MLA in 2009. In 2014 general assembly elections, C. KANAKA REDDY(TRS) won by 2768 votes against RAM CHANDER RAO.N(BJP).
Malkajgiri is well-connected with other parts of the city by road as well as rail.The Malkajgiri Railway Station located at backside of St. Martin High School will soon be converted into a major junction. Until now the station has 4 tracks and 3 Platforms in which 2nd&3rd Platforms are only Electrified. There is a Railway Reservation Complex too. thereby connecting it to most of places by rail route.
Malkajgiri is less than 15 to 20 mins drive from Secunderabad Railway Station. It is also just 3 km away from Mettuguda junction where the road leading to Uppal and the International Airport is being expanded into eight lanes.
Real estate in Malkajgiri have seen high demand but limited supply. Average price per sq. feet has grown by 1.39% in last 1year. Rental yield  is around 4.16%. Legend Estates pvt. Ltd, Aashray developers and Reshan realty are among the top developers in this area.
- "Medchal−Malkajgiri district" (PDF). New Districts Formation Portal. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- Geetanath, V. (9 May 2014). "For a well oiled public transport". The Hindu. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Census of India 2009: Data from the 2009 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Proposal for the Fourth rail Terminal for Hyderabad and Electrification of whole line.". The Hindu. 21 June 2006. Retrieved 25 September 2009.
- "How to Work out a Rental Yield".
- "Property Rates Malkajgiri Hyderabad".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Malkajgiri.|