Ananias Eloi Castro Monteiro
|Full name||Ananias Eloi Castro Monteiro|
|Date of birth||20 January 1989|
|Place of birth||São Luís, Brazil|
|Date of death||28 November 2016(aged 27)|
|Place of death||La Unión, Colombia|
|Height||1.69 m (5 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2011–2012||→ Portuguesa (loan)||61||(16)|
|2013||→ Palmeiras (loan)||20||(0)|
|2014||→ Sport Recife (loan)||23||(2)|
|2015||→ Chapecoense (loan)||30||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Ananias was one of the victims when LaMia Airlines Flight 2933 crashed on 28 November 2016.
After good performances on the club, and with Lusa being compared with Barcelona, Ananias was called Ananiesta (compared with Andrés Iniesta) by the fans. In April 2012, Portuguesa bought half of his rights from Bahia.
After achieving promotion with Verdão, Ananias was subsequently loaned to Sport Recife (also scoring the first official goal of Allianz Parque in a 2–0 away win against former club Palmeiras on 19 November 2014) and Chapecoense.
On 11 December 2015, Ananias signed a permanent contract with Chape. The following 2 November, he scored the equalizer in a 1–1 draw at San Lorenzo for the year's Copa Sudamericana, which would later ensure his team in the finals through the away goals rule.
On 28 November 2016, whilst at the service of Chapecoense, Ananias was among the fatalities of the LaMia Airlines Flight 2933 accident in the Colombian village of Cerro Gordo, La Unión, Antioquia.
- As of 27 November 2016
|Palmeiras (loan)||2013||Série B||20||0||—||1||0||—||—||21||0|
|Sport (loan)||2014||Série A||23||2||7||0||2||3||1[a]||0||9[b]||1||42||6|
- Sport Recife
- ANANIAS foi emprestado para a Portuguesa/ SP (Ananias was loaned to Portuguesa/SP) Archived April 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.; Sempre Bahia, 1 March 2011 (Portuguese)
- Portuguesa pode acertar contratação de meia do Bahia (Portuguesa may sign Bahia midfielder); Terra, 7 October 2011 (Portuguese)
- Lionedno Messi, Ananiesta e Jorgiola: conheça a 'Barcelusa'; Globo Esporte, 2 July 2011 (Portuguese)
- "Cruzeiro confirma Ananias e libera meia Souza para a Portuguesa" [Cruzeiro confirm Ananias and release midfielder Souza for Portuguesa] (in Portuguese). Terra. 10 January 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Cruzeiro confirma vinda de volante Souza; atacante Ananias será emprestado ao Palmeiras" [Cruzeiro confirm arrival of defensive midfielder Souza; forward Ananias will be loaned to Palmeiras] (in Portuguese). 29 May 2013.
- "Sport anuncia a contratação do meia-atacante Ananias, ex-Cruzeiro" [Sport announce the signing of attacking midfielder Ananias, formerly of Cruzeiro] (in Portuguese). Vavel. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Ananias, autor do primeiro gol da Allianz Parque, diz: 'Estou feliz demais'" [Ananias, scorer of Allianz Parque's first goal, says: 'I am very happy'] (in Portuguese). O Globo. 20 November 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Ananias e Maylson são os dois novos reforços para o meio da Chapecoense" [Ananias and Maylson are the two new additions for the midfield of Chapecoense] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 30 December 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Chapecoense renova com cinco e anuncia Silvinho, ex-Joinville, e João Lucas, ex-Paysandu" [Chapecoense renew with five and announce Silvinho, formerly of Joinville, and João Lucas, formerly of Paysandu] (in Portuguese). Diário Catarinense. 11 December 2015. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Chape empata com San Lorenzo fora e leva vantagem para decisão na Arena" [Chape draw with San Lorenzo away and take advantage to decisive match at the Arena] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 2 November 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Craque da 'Barcelusa' e autor de 1º gol no Allianz, Ananias brilhava em jogos grandes" [Barcelusa star and scorer of the first goal at the Allianz, Ananias shone in the big matches] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- Ananias at Soccerway. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "CONMEBOL otorga el título de campeón de la Sudamericana 2016 a Chapecoense y reconoce a Atlético Nacional con el premio del centenario de la CONMEBOL al Fair Play" [CONMEBOL awards 2016 South American champion title to Chapecoense and bestows Atlético Nacional with CONMEBOL century Fair Play award] (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 13 December 2016.