Anant Vidhaat Sharma
Anant Vidhaat Sharma
|Residence||New Delhi, India|
|Education||Kirori Mal College, Delhi University New Delhi, India|
|Occupation||Actor, Assistant Director|
Anant Vidhaat Sharma is an Actor and Assistant Director, known for Gunday (2014), Mardaani (2014), Sultan (2016) and Tiger Zinda Hai (2017). Before doing films, he was a theatre artist in Delhi in a theater called the Mohsin's.
He made his acting debut in the film Mardaani (2014). He also worked as an Assistant director in the three movies; Vaada (2005), Shaadi Se Pehle (2006) and Milenge Milenge (2010). He started his career as a theatre actor at Yash Raj Films studio, and was selected for Gunday as Himanshu. Sharma became increasingly well-known with a Supporting role in Ali Abbas Zafar's movie Sultan. He subsequently received offers for roles in other movies as well as TV Soap operas. When he did the movie Sultan, people started comparing him to Nawazuddin Siddiqui as in Bajrangi Bhaijaan.
Early life and background
Anant Vidhaat Sharma was born in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh and brought up in Delhi. Since childhood, he has been very interested in acting, then he told to his parents about pursuing a career in acting and they became very supportive to him. When he was in SSC, he attended the TIE (Theatre in Education) workshop at the National School of Drama (NSD). While doing his 10th standard, he attended the NSD six-months club during the 12th standard and he went on to join the "Players" Society of the Kirori Mal College later. After completing his schooling, he eventually received a degree in B.Com. from Kirori Mal College in 2004. He directed a play called Hawalat in his third year. Luckily, Satish Kaushik was present at the performance and the duo bonded. He came to Mumbai and joined Satish Kaushik as an assistant in films like Milenge Milenge, Shaadi Se Pehle and Vaada. He then came back to Mumbai in 2011 and met director Ali Abbas Zafar, who was casting for Gunday and he was selected for the role of Himanshu.
- Vaada (2005), assistant director
- Shaadi Se Pehle (2006), assistant director
- Milenge Milenge (2010), assistant director
- Gunday (2014), actor as Himanshu
- Mardaani (2014) actor
- Sultan (2016), actor as Govind
- Tiger Zinda Hai (2017), as Karan - RAW Agent
- Bharat (2019), as Yashpal, Radha's Boyfriend
- "After Salman, how can I play anyone else's friend? asks Anant Vidhaat". dnaindia.com. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Meet Sultan's friend Govind: Getting noticed in Salman Khan film was challenging, says Anant Vidhaat". indianexpress.com. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- "Anant Vidhaat: The character actor has a purpose to serve in his limited time and space - Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- ""Salman Khan has good control over his craft" – Anant Vidhaat". filmfare.com. 12 October 2016. Retrieved 12 October 2016.