|M. A. Ananta Jalil|
|Native name||এম এ জলিল অনন্ত|
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer, businessman|
|Spouse(s)||Afiea Nusrat Barsha|
Ananta Jalil (born M.A. Jalil Ananta ) is a Bangladeshi actor, director, producer, businessman and philanthropist who has established himself as one of the actors of Bangladeshi Cinema. Starting his professional career as a businessman in 1999, Ananta began his film career with the film Khoj: The Search in 2010. He was awarded CIP (Commercially Important Person) status multiple times including 2014 for his contributions in RMG sector of Bangladesh.
Early life and background
In 1999 he started his profession as a Production general manager. Later he set up his small garment factory which further grown up to AJI Group year by year. He was awarded CIP (Commercially Important Person) status multiple times including 2014 for his contributions in RMG sector.
At this stage of his life as a successful businessman, Ananta decided to emerge in film industry. He launched his production house Monsoon Films in 2008.
Ananta made his debut as an actor and producer with the 2010 film Khoj: The Search. The film headlined the debut of Ananta, Barsha, Bobby and late Raha. It is referred as the first Bangladeshi digital cinema according to Ananta. Khoj: The Search was followed by Hridoy Bhanga Dheu in 2011.
In 2012, he appeared in two films, The Speed and Most Welcome. Both the films were major commercial success and gave him breakthrough in Bangladeshi cinema. In The Speed, Ananta starred opposite to two foreign actresses, Malaysian actress Parveen and Russian actress Nana. The 2nd release Most Welcome was an Eid release, it received countrywide media attention in Bangladesh.
In 2013 his only release was Nishwartha Bhalobasa. The film marked the directional debut of Ananta. It's story, dialogue, screenplay and lyric of a song was also written by him. It was premiered at 66th annual Cannes Film Festival. The film is declared a blockbuster hit.
Ananta is the Founder & Chairman of motion picture production company, Monsoon Films. All of his films are produced under his own production banner.
Ananta is one of the few actors in the world to have performed all of his film stunts. He has stated in interviews that the inspiration to do his own stunt-work were films of Tom Cruise. When he is asked whom he considers as his opponent in Bangladeshi cinema, Ananta jokingly replies "Tom Cruise is my only competitor".
Ananta owns & runs three orphanages and a retirement home for senior citizens located in Dhalla, Hemayetpur, Dhaka. Ananta & Barsha have publicly endorsed the people's demand for a death sentence for the 1971 liberation war criminals on February 2013 during Shahbag protests. In October 2013, he attended as the chief guest at the 86th Battalion Formation Motivation programme organised by Bangladesh Army. He is widely involved in charity. He donated to the victims of 2013 Savar building collapse. He went to Square Hospital to visit the late actor Anwar Hossain & made a donation for his treatment. He made contribution for a grade 11 student who was suffering from Leukemia & needed a huge sum of money for treatment. He also donated for the construction of "Baitus Shah Jamme Masjid" located in Hemayetpur, Dhaka.
|2010||Khoj: The Search||Iftakar Chowdhury||Bobby, Barsha|
|2011||Hridoy Bhanga Dheu||Gazi Majharul Anwar||Barsha|
|2012||The Speed||Shuhanur Rohman Suhan||Parveen, Nana|
|2012||Most Welcome||Ananya Mamun||Barsha||Nominated – Meril Prothom Alo Award for Best Actor|
|2013||Nishwartha Bhalobasa||Ananta Jalil||Barsha||Nominated – Meril Prothom Alo Award for Best Actor|
|2014||Most Welcome 2||Ananta Jalil||Barsha|
|2015||The Spy Mohanayok||Ananta Jalil||Barsha|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best Actor||Most Welcome||Nominated|
|CJFB Performance Award 2014||Best Actor||Most Welcome||Won|
|2013||Bioscope Borsho-sera||Best Actor||Nishwartha Bhalobasa||Won|
|Bioscope Borsho-sera||Best Couple (with Barsha )||Nishwartha Bhalobasa||Won|
|Meril Prothom Alo Awards (popular)||Best Actor||Nishwartha Bhalobasa||Nominated|
- "Ananta Jalil now turns anchor". The Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Faisal, Fahim (10 May 2012). ডামি নয়, আমিই পাঁচতলা থেকে মাটিতে ঝাঁপ দিলাম : অনন্ত. banglanews24.com (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 21 September 2013.
- "147 get CIP cards". The Daily Star. Retrieved Oct 4, 2014.
- "Ananta Jalil on Radio foorti". YouTube. 16 September 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "About Ananta". Monsoon Films. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "39 businessmen get CIP status". Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Rahman, Md Fazlur (8 January 2015). "The stellar rise of a garment maker". The Daily Star.
- Esha, Rifat Islam (28 September 2012). "Most Welcome". New Age (Dhaka). Archived from the original on 14 October 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- মোস্ট ওয়েলকাম টিকেট নিয়ে মারামারি [Most Welcome hassle with tickets] (PDF). Daily Inqilab (in Bengali). 25 August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012.
- "'Niswartha Bhalobasha' premiered in city". Priyo News. 28 December 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "10 of the Top Films of 2013". Dhaka Tribune.
- "Ananta appears as police officer in Most Welcome 2". Dhaka Tribune. 10 November 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Ananta Jalil is the new brand ambassador of GP". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Ananta-Barsha: End of Innings???". Priyo News. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Barsha". Monsoon Films. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- Feroze, Towheed (3 October 2013). "Ananta Jalil: the man who conquered the impossible!". Dhaka Courier. Archived from the original on 2 August 2014.
- টঙ্গীতে পাঁচ দিনের জোড় ইজতেমা শুরু [Ease of starting a five-day Muslim Congregation at Tongi]. Banglanews24 (in Bengali). Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Shahbag Square 2013: History in the Making". The Independent (Dhaka). 15 February 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Attention JALIL Haters!". The Daily Star. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- আহনাফের জন্য আমরা [We Are for Ahnaf] (in Bengali). Istishon.com. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Ananta Jalil Makes Significant Contribution for Ahnaf's Treatment". youthsparks.com. Archived from the original on 21 December 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "Ananta Jalil and Barsha win CJFB Performance Award". bangaldeshinfo.com.
- দর্শক ভোটে "বায়োস্কোপ বর্ষসেরা" ২০১৩ হয়েছেন যারাঃ. Bioscopeblog.net (in Bengali).