Ananthagiri Hills, Vikarabad district
View from Ananthagiri Hills
|Language of name||Sanskrit|
|Location||Telangana, South India|
It is one of the dense forests in Telangana. Ananthagiri Temple is located in this forested area. It is the Birthplace of Musi river,The Musi river is also called as Muchkunda River, which flows through Hyderabad. It is 5 km from Vikarabad
It is one of the earliest habitat areas. Ancient caves, medieval fort structures and temple shows the antiquity of this area.
The Musi River, originates in Ananthagiri Hills 90 kilometers to the west of Hyderabad and flowed due east for almost all of its course. It joins the Krishna River at Wadapally in Nalgonda district after covering a total distance of about 240 km.
Tourist attractions near Ananthagiri Hills
Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple
This temple is located in Ananthagiri hills, about 75 kilometers from Hyderabad. Lord Vishnu is in the form of Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy and Ananthagiri is named after him.Also there is a hotel near this temple which is operated by the Telangana Government.
Near the temple, there is this lake called Nagasamudram Lake or kotipally reservoir which is located near to a dam and at a distance of regarding 20 km from Ananthagiri hills. The lake is also known as Kotipally Reservoir as it is also a masonry dam. It offers one of the most serene views during monsoon seasons.
There are two trekking trails in the forests, one that begins from the Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple and another that begins about 0.5 kilometres from the temple, towards Kerelli.
- "Ananthagiri Hills Resort". Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Ananthagiri Hills to be developed into resort". The Hindu. 5 September 2006. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "Plan to develop Ananthagiri Hills into tourist resort". The Hindu. 8 September 2006. Retrieved 17 January 2019.
- "Ananthagiri Hills". Tourism destinations in AP. Retrieved 19 October 2012.[unreliable source?]
- Ananthagiri, Hills. "Hyderabad's favourite weekend escapade". Telangana Today. Leka. Retrieved 10 August 2019.