Panday in 2019
|Born||30 October 1998|
Ananya Panday (born 30 October 1998) is an Indian actress who works in Hindi films. The daughter of actor Chunky Pandey, she ventured into acting in 2019 with leading roles in the teen film Student of the Year 2 and the comedy Pati Patni Aur Woh. For the former film, she won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Panday was born to actor Chunky Pandey on 30 October 1998. She graduated from Dhirubhai Ambani International School in 2017. She participated in Vanity Fair's Le Bal des débutantes event in Paris in 2017.
Panday made her acting debut in 2019 with the teen film Student of the Year 2, co-starring Tiger Shroff and Tara Sutaria, which was produced by Dharma Productions. Writing for Scroll.in, Nandini Ramnath felt that Panday showed potential in an unremarkable film. The film underperformed at the box office. Panday next starred in Pati Patni Aur Woh (2019), a remake of the 1978 film of the same name, alongside Kartik Aaryan and Bhumi Pednekar. She played a secretary who indulges in an affair with a married man, which was portrayed by Ranjeeta Kaur in the original. Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV wrote that "Panday is perfectly cast as the wide-eyed girl who sweeps the hero off his feet but holds her own ground". With a worldwide gross of ₹1.15 billion (US$16 million), it emerged as a commercial success. Panday won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her performance in Student of the Year 2.
Panday will next star in the action film Khaali Peeli, co-starring Ishaan Khatter, and in Shakun Batra's as-yet untitled romantic drama, alongside Deepika Padukone and Siddhant Chaturvedi. She will also team with Vijay Deverakonda for Puri Jagannadh's as-yet untitled multilingual film.
In 2019, Panday launched an initiative named So Positive to create awareness about social media bullying, prevent negativity and build a positive community. At the 2019 Economic Times Awards, the project was named Initiative of the Year.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2019||Student of the Year 2||Shreya Randhawa||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut|
|2019||Pati Patni Aur Woh||Tapasya Singh|
|2020||Angrezi Medium||Herself||Special appearance in song "Kudi Nu Nachne De"|
|2020||Untiled Puri Jagannadh project||TBA||Hindi and Telugu film; filming|
- "Ananya Panday: This is the most special year of my life". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 31 October 2019. Retrieved 7 December 2019.
- "Ananya Panday: This has been the most special year. I got to live my dream of becoming an actor". India Today. Archived from the original on 5 November 2019. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- "This is the Most Special Year of My Life, Says Ananya Panday". News18. Archived from the original on 8 December 2019. Retrieved 8 December 2019.
- "Who is Ananya Panday?'". 11 April 2018. Archived from the original on 30 April 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "Must-see! Chunky Panday's gorgeous daughter at Le Bal". Rediff. Archived from the original on 30 April 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Ananya Panday steals the show in a Jean Paul Gaultier gown at le Bal in Paris". The Indian Express. 28 November 2017. Archived from the original on 30 April 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Pictures that prove Chunky Panday's daughter Ananya Panday is Bollywood ready". Times of India. Archived from the original on 10 May 2019. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- Ramnath, Nandini (10 May 2019). "'Student of the Year 2' movie review: All games and no fun". Scroll.in. Archived from the original on 10 May 2019. Retrieved 11 May 2019.
- "Student Of The Year 2 Drops In Week Two". Box Office India. 24 May 2019. Archived from the original on 26 June 2019. Retrieved 26 May 2019.
- "Kartik Aaryan opposite Ananya Panday in 'Pati Patni Aur Woh' remake". Daily News and Analysis. Archived from the original on 8 February 2019. Retrieved 14 January 2019.
- Chatterjee, Saibal (6 December 2019). "Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar, Ananya Panday's Film Is Its Own Beast". NDTV. Archived from the original on 8 December 2019. Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- "Bollywood Top Grossers Worldwide: 2019". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "Pati Patni Aur Woh is a Hit". Box Office India. 14 December 2019. Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- "65th Amazon Filmfare Awards 2020 live updates". The Times of India. 15 February 2020. Retrieved 15 February 2020.
- "Ishaan Khatter and Ananya Panday kick-start the shoot for 'Khaali Peeli'". The Times of India. 11 September 2019. Retrieved 11 September 2019.
- "Deepika Padukone teams up with Ananya Panday, Sidhant Chaturvedi for Shakun Batra's relationship drama". Hindustan Times. 19 December 2019. Archived from the original on 19 December 2019. Retrieved 19 December 2019.
- Raghuvanshi, Aakansha (20 February 2020). "Ananya Panday Is "Happy And Excited" To Join Vijay Deverakonda In His Bollywood Debut". NDTV. Retrieved 20 February 2020.
- "Ananya Panday launches 'So Positive', an initiative against cyberbullying, on World Social Media Day". Firstpost. 30 June 2019. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Ananya Pandays initiative So Positive wins Initiative of the Year". The Economic Times. 24 December 2019. Retrieved 15 January 2020.
- "Angrezi Medium Song Kudi Nu Nachne De: Alia Bhatt, Katrina Kaif And Anushka Sharma Will Set Your Mood For The Week". NDTV. 4 March 2020. Retrieved 5 March 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ananya Panday.|