|Traded as||NYSE: PLAN|
|Industry||Enterprise Performance Management, Software Company|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
|Michael Gould, Founder |
Frank Calderoni, Chief Executive Officer
Anaplan is a platform, powered by proprietary Hyperblock technology, purpose-built for Connected Planning, which enables dynamic, collaborative, and intelligent planning. Large global enterprises use the solution to connect people, data, and plans to enable real-time planning and decision-making in rapidly changing business environments to give customers a competitive advantage. Based in San Francisco, Anaplan has over 20 offices globally, 175 partners, and more than 900 customers worldwide.
By the end of 2010, Anaplan had started to gain market traction. In 2012 Anaplan brought on Frederic Laluyaux as CEO,  attracted new funding, and expanded. Laluyaux left the company in April 2016.
In February 2013 Anaplan acquired its reseller Vue Analytics in U.K. for an undisclosed amount, with the goal to strengthen its market position in Europe, Middle East and Africa. Anaplan closed its Series C funding in March 2013 with a $33M investment from Meritech, Shasta Ventures, Granite Ventures, Salesforce.com, and additional private investors.
Anaplan announced at its Hub 2014 conference in San Francisco that it has completed a Series D round of $100 million in financing, bringing total investment in the company to $150 million. Lead investor of this round was DFJ Growth.
Another round of funding was announced in January 2016, amounting to $90 million, along with confirmation of Anaplan's status as a tech "unicorn," with a valuation of over $1 billion. Lead investor of this Series E investment was PremjiInvest.
In January 2017 Anaplan appointed Frank A. Calderoni to be CEO.
On October 12, 2018, Anaplan listed with NYSE for public trading under the ticker symbol PLAN.
Anaplan's Hyperblock architecture is a hybrid of relational, vertical, and OLAP databases with an in-memory data store multi-threaded calculation engine. The Hyperblock automatically records updates at a granular level by amending only the affected cells. As volumes scale, users can instantaneously update or change models. A patent application for the technology was filed on November 19, 2009, and US Patent 8151056B2 was awarded on April 3, 2012.
The “Living Blueprint” is the brain behind Anaplan’s in-memory platform. This master repository of business rules is where all the intelligence behind a model is generated and maintained. This allows adjustments to the model to be made in seconds, thus allowing the model to grow and adapt with a constantly changing business. Anaplan is delivered in a Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) model and is completely cloud-based. This eliminates the need for dedicated hardware or maintenance teams to make the platform work. It also enables “Zero Deployment” – users can log onto the platform on almost any device, from anywhere.
In November 2014 Anaplan announced the launch of the Anaplan App Hub, a community for Anaplan users to build, share, and deploy planning apps.
In 2015 Gartner labeled Anaplan a “Visionary” in their Magic Quadrant reports for both corporate performance management (CPM) and sales performance management (SPM). In March 2018, Workiva partnered with Anaplan to enhance wdesk performance.
Anaplan has an annual global user conference: Connected Planning Xperience (CPX), formerly known as Anaplan Hub. The Anaplan community, including customers, prospects, partners, and Anaplan employees, come together for training, breakout sessions, keynotes, product announcements, and technical education.
In 2014 Anaplan expanded the Hub conference beyond its flagship event in San Francisco to include a world tour. The CPX tour now includes conferences in London, Paris, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- "FSN interviews Guy Haddleton, CEO Anaplan". fsn.co.uk. FSN Publishing Limited. 2011-03-14. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-16. Retrieved 2017-06-30.
- "FSN ~ Financial Reporting ~ Review of 2011 – a year of surprising innovation".
- Basich, Zoran. "The Daily Start-Up: Aerohive Buzzes With $22.5M Led by IVP Amid Sweet Mobile Connectivity Demand".
- "FSN ~ BI, BPM & CPM ~ FSN Interviews Frederic Laluyaux, CEO Anaplan".
- "Anaplan Closes on $11.4M". pehub.com. PE Hub Network. 2012-01-19. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- Nusca, Andrew. "Anaplan acquires reseller Vue Analytics; taps SAP Europe vet – ZDNet".
- Rao, Leena. "Business Data Modeling And Planning Software Company Anaplan Raises $33M From Meritech, Shasta And Others".
- "Anaplan Raises $100 Million in Series D Financing".
- Henschen, Doug. "Anaplan scales up, adds more apps | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "ANAPLAN UNVEILS UPDATED APP HUB EXPERIENCE FEATURING 100+ INDUSTRY-SPECIFIC APPS – Global Banking And Finance Review Magazine – Financial & Business Insights". www.globalbankingandfinance.com. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- Miller, Ron (2016-01-14). "With $90 Million In New Funding And Unicorn Status, Anaplan Looks Ahead to IPO". techcrunch.com. TechCrunch. Retrieved 2016-12-22.
- "Anaplan Valued at $1.1 Billion After $90 Million Pre-IPO Round". 14 January 2016 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- Gage, Deborah. "Anaplan Achieves $1.09 Billion Valuation With New Round".
- "Anaplan hires CEO ahead of U.S. software firm's 2017 IPO". Reuters. 2017-01-10. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Taylor Wimpey builds cloud forecasting process with Anaplan".
- Updating data within a business planning tool
- "Cloud Startup In Focus – Anaplan »".
- Miller, Ron. "Anaplan App Hub Wants To Bring Open-Source Sharing Ethos to Financial Planners".
- "Workiva Partners with Anaplan to Enhance Wdesk Performance". NASDAQ.com. 2018-03-09. Retrieved 2018-06-08.