Anastasia Soare in 2018
1957/1958 (age 60–61)
|Residence||Beverly Hills, California, U.S.|
|Known for||CEO and founder of Anastasia Beverly Hills|
|Net worth||$1.2 billion (June 2019)|
(m. 1978; div. 1994)
Soare was born in Constanţa, Romania. She is the only child of Dumitru Bălămaci (who died when she was 12) and Victoria Babu, who owned a tailoring shop. She studied art history and architecture in Romania.
In 1986 when the ship was docked in Italy, her husband, the ship's captain, visited the American embassy and asked for asylum, and he reached the United States six months later. It was not until three years later, in 1989 at the age of 32, that Soare and her daughter were allowed to leave Romania to join him.
In Los Angeles, as she spoke very little English, Soare worked as an aesthetician at a beauty salon and soon realized that eyebrows were an under-exploited area, "I developed a technique for how to shape eyebrows according to people's bone structure and natural eyebrow shape". As her manager did not think there was enough of a market, she rented a room in a Beverly Hills salon, providing facials, body waxing, and eyebrow sculpting. By 1997, she was running her own salon on Beverly Hills' Bedford Drive. As a beautician, she has stated that her first two clients for an eyebrow treatment were Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell. Other clients have included Faye Dunaway and Jennifer Lopez.
As of January 2019, Anastasia Beverly Hills had the most popular Instagram page in the beauty industry, with 18.6 million followers.
She lives in Beverly Hills, California, US.
- "Arch Angel". people.com. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Forbes profile: Anastasia Soare". Forbes. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Meet the Woman Behind Anastasia Beverly Hills, a Self-Made Billionaire 'Eyebrow Queen' Who Fled Communism in the '80s to Start a Beauty Empire". Money. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- Dawson Hoff, Victoria (25 August 2014). "11 Must-Know Tips From the Industry's Eyebrow Queen". Elle. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "Meet the Artist: Anastasia Soare". Anastasia Beverly Hills. Retrieved 4 November 2018.
- Berg, Madeline. "America's Newest Beauty Billionaire Built An Empire Targeting Women's Eyebrows". forbes.com. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- Jacques, Renee. "5 Surprising Things You Didn't Know About Anastasia Beverly Hills". allure.com. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- "Immigrants in Beauty: Anastasia Soare". allure.com. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Nast, Condé. "The Much-Anticipated Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette Is FINALLY Here". Allure. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- beth (2017-08-13). "the best plot twist of 2017 was finding out anastasia beverly hills is sebastian's godmotherpic.twitter.com/KpcJ4O2pfF". @wintrweb. Retrieved 2019-03-29.