From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Anastasius (disambiguation))
|Look up Anastasius in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Look up Ἀναστάσιος in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Anastasius (Greek: Ἀναστάσιος, Anastasios) is derived from the Greek ἀνάστασις (anastasis) meaning "resurrection". Its female form is Anastasia.
- Anastasius I (emperor) – Byzantine emperor 491–518
- Anastasios II (died 718) – Byzantine emperor 713–715
- Pope Anastasius I – Pope 399–401
- Pope Anastasius II – Pope 496–498
- Pope Anastasius III – Pope 911–913
- Pope Anastasius IV – Pope 1153 to 1154
Other Christian saints and clergy
- Saint Anastasius – a martyr under Nero
- Saint Anastasius the Fuller – martyr (d. 304)
- Anastasius of Antioch (disambiguation), multiple people
- Anastasius (Graeco-Roman jurist) – fl. 6th century
- Saint Anastasius of Persia – Persian martyr (d. 628)
- Saint Anastasius of Pavia– bishop of Pavia (d. 628)
- Anastasius of Armenia – Catholicos of Armenia from 661 to 667
- Saint Anastasius Sinaita (of Sinai) – theologian, Father of the Eastern Orthodox Church, monk, priest, and abbot of the monastery at Mt. Sinai (fl. 7th century)
- Anastasius (abbot of Euthymius) – fl. 7th or 8th century
- Anastasius Bibliothecarius (c. 810–878) – librarian of the Church of Rome, scholar and statesman, sometimes identified as an Antipope
- Astrik or Saint Anastasius of Pannonhalma – ambassador of Stephen I of Hungary (d. 1030)
- Anastasius of Hungary (954-1044), Apostle to Hungary
- Saint Anastasius of Lleida
- St. Anastasius Cornicularius
- Anastasius of Suppentonia – abbot (died 570)
- Pope Anastasius of Alexandria – Coptic Orthodox Pope of Alexandria 605–616
- Patriarch Anastasius of Constantinople (I) – Patriarch of Constantinople 730–754
- Anastasius Germonius – Archbishop of Tarantaise and canon lawyer (1551–1627)
- Anastasius the Melodist (Hymnographer) – believed to be a name of three or more melodists, one of whom is believed to have been a contemporary of Rhomanos
- Anastasios Orlandos (1887–1979), Greek archaeologist
- Anastasio Somoza García, Nicaraguan dictator (ruled 1936–1956)
- Anastasio Somoza Debayle (1925–1980), Nicaraguan dictator (ruled 1967–1979)
- Anastasio Somoza Portocarrero (born 1951), son of Somoza Debayle
- Anton Alexander Graf von Auersperg (1806–1876), Austrian poet who wrote under the pseudonym of Anastasius Grün.
- Anastasius, a novel by Thomas Hope in the early 19th century.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Anastasius.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.