|Speakers of the House of Representatives|
28 December – 21 November 2000
|Preceded by||Post abolished|
|Succeeded by||Vadim Popov|
|First Secretary of the Communist Party of Byelorussia|
28 November 1990 – 29 August 1991
|Preceded by||Yefrem Sokolov|
|Succeeded by||Post abolished|
|First Secretary of the Minsk Regional Committee of the Communist Party of Byelorussia|
29 March 1985 – 5 December 1990
|Preceded by||Vladimir Mikulich|
|Succeeded by||Anatoly Bychek|
|First Secretary of the Gomel Regional Committee of the Communist Party of Byelorussia|
29 March 1985 – 5 December 1990
|Preceded by||Yuri Khousainov|
|Succeeded by||Aleksey Kamay|
|Member of the 28th Politburo|
14 July 1990 – 29 August 1991
|Full member of the 27th, 28th Central Committee|
6 March 1986 – 29 August 1991
|Born||Anatoly Alexandrovich Malofeyev
14 May 1933
Gomel, Byelorussian SSR, Soviet Union
|Political party||Communist Party of the Soviet Union|
Anatoly Alexandrovich Malofeyev (Russian: Анатолий Александрович Малофеев, Belarusian: Анатоль Аляксандравіч Малафееў; born 14 May 1933, Gomel) was a first secretary of the Byelorussian Soviet Socialist Republic during the Soviet Union era and Belarusian parliament speaker. In March 1985, Malofeyev became the Minsk regional Communist Party leader upon the removal of Vladimir A. Mikulich. He served as First Secretary of the Byelorussian Communist Party from November 1990 to August 1991.
During November 1997, Malofeyev and a state delegation traveled to Cuba to meet with Ricardo Alarcon on political and economic matters over seven days. The delegation also met with the Ministry of Foreign Trade and the Ministry of Foreign Investments and Economic Cooperation.
From 6–12 September 1998, Malofeyev was a delegate to the 100th Conference of the Inter-Parliamentary Union which was held in Moscow. His comments that the conference failed to address human rights issues in Belarus afterwards generated controversy as its committee and Charter 97 claimed a special measure had been adopted to address those issues as well as several lawsuits.
On 26 July 2000, Malofeyev along with fellow speaker, Pavel Shipuk and Belarusian Prime Minister Vladimir Yermoshin met with Chinese Vice-President Hu Jintao to facilitate relations between the two countries. Jintao suggested parliamentary contacts as a means of enhancing future bilateral relations with both speakers expressing their willing desire to do whatever was necessary to achieve that goal.
During November 2007, Malofeyev, as the Chairman of the Standing Committee for Regional Policy and Local Self-Government of the Belarusian Parliament, visited Turkey upon receiving an invitation from Murat Mercan who is the Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Turkish Grand National Assembly. Both countries maintain embassies in the others respective capital.
On 20 February 2008, as a member of the Council for Cooperation of Local Self-Government Bodies, Malofeyev was part of a round table discussion of the chairmen of village Councils of Deputies. In his opening remarks to the group he said, "You are the primary authorities in the regions, and the ordinary person and his needs should be in the focus of your activities." At the close of the meeting, Malofeyev addressed the deputies to work with non-governmental organizations to implement change on public issues.
- "Ministries, etc". Rulers. rulers.org. Archived from the original on 23 May 2010. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Minsk Party Chief Replaced". New York Times. nytimes.com. 30 March 1985. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "CUBANEWS FROM RADIO HAVANA CUBA". Radio Habana Cuba. blythe.org. 19 November 1997. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Belarus Update Vol.1, No. 21 September 1998". International League for Human Rights. ilhr.org. September 1998. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Chinese Leader Meets Belarusian PM, Speakers". People's Daily. people.com.cn. 27 June 2000. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Turkey´s Political Relations With Belarus". Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs. mfa.gov.tr. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- "Mr Anatoly Malofeyev: "Local Authorities Should be More Persistent in Solving the Issues of Life Sustenance of the Population"". Council for cooperation of local self-government bodies (Belarus). sovreg.gov.by. Retrieved 27 June 2010.