J. H. McLean, 1989
Anatomidae was raised to the rank of subfamily to the rank of family in a study by Geiger & Jansen (2004). Bouchet & Rocroi placed it in the superfamily Scissurelloidea. This was disputed in 2008 by Yasunori Kano  who does not believe that Anatomidae should be separated from Scissurellidae and actually states that it is the subfamily Anatominae. He suggests that this result was induced by contamination or mislabelling.
This family has no subfamilies.
Genera within the family Anatomidae include:
- Genera brought into synonymy
- Hainella Bandel, 1998: synonym of Anatoma Woodward, 1859
- Schizotrochus Monterosato, 1877: synonym of Anatoma Woodward, 1859
- Thieleella Bandel, 1998: synonym of Anatoma Woodward, 1859
- Geiger D. L. & Jansen P. (2004). "New species of Australian Scissurellidae (Mollusca: Gastropoda: Vetigastropoda) with remarks on Australian and Indo-Malayan species". Zootaxa 714: 1–72. preview.
- Kano, Yasunori (2007). "Vetigastropod phylogeny and a new concept of Seguenzioidea: independent evolution of copulatory organs in the deep-sea habitats". Zoologica Scripta. 37: 1–21. doi:10.1111/j.1463-6409.2007.00316.x.
- WoRMS : Anatomidae: accessed : 16 January 2011
- Geiger, D.L. (2003). "Phylogenetic assessment of characters proposed for the generic classification of Recent Scissurellidae (Gastropoda: Vetigastropoda) with a description of one new genus and six new species from Easter Island and Australia". Molluscan Research. 23: 21–83.
- Geiger, D.L. (2008). "New species of scissurellids from the Austral Islands, French Polynesia, and the Indo-Malayan Archipelago (Gastropoda: Vetigastropoda: Scissurellidae, Anatomidae, Larocheidae)". The Nautilus. 122: 185–200.
- Geiger D.L. (2012) Monograph of the little slit shells. Volume 1. Introduction, Scissurellidae. pp. 1-728. Volume 2. Anatomidae, Larocheidae, Depressizonidae, Sutilizonidae, Temnocinclidae. pp. 729-1291. Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Monographs Number 7.
|This Anatomidae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|