From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- "Anaxibia" also refers to a spider genus in the family Dictynidae.
- Anaxibia, the daughter of Bias and Iphianassa, and niece of Melampus. She married Pelias, to whom she bore Acastus, Pisidice, Pelopia, Hippothoe, Alcestis, and Medusa. She was sometimes called Alphesiboea or Phylomache, daughter of Amphion.
- Anaxibia, daughter of Atreus and Aerope or, alternatively, of Pleisthenes and Aerope or Pleisthenes and Cleolla (daughter of Dias), and sister of Agamemnon and Menelaus. She married Strophius, king of Phocis, becoming mother of Pylades. She is also known as Astyoche or Cydragora.
- Anaxibia, daughter of Cratieus. She married Nestor and is the mother of Pisidice, Polycaste, Perseus, Stratichus, Aretus, Echephron, Peisistratus, Antilochus, and Thrasymedes. More commonly, Eurydice is considered to be Nestors's wife and the mother of these children.
- Anaxibia, a naiad of the River Ganges. She fled from the advances of Helios. Artemis hid her in the sanctuary on Mount Koryphe.
- Hyginus, Fabulae, 51. Alcestis
- Bibliotheca 1.9.10.
- Theocritus, Idylls, 3. 45
- Hesiod. Catalogue of Women, 69: Agamemnon
- Pausanias, Description of Greece, 2. 29. 4
- Scholia on Euripides, Orestes, 765 & 1233
- Hyginus, Fabulae, 117. Clytemnestra
- Scholia on Euripides, Orestes, 33
- Apollodorus. Library, 2.1.5.
- Apollodurus. Library, 1.9.9.
- Homer, Odyssey, 3. 452
- Pseudo-Plutarch, On Rivers, 3. 3
- Theoi Project - Helios Loves
- Pseudo-Plutarch, On Rivers, 9. 1