Anbil P. Dharmalingam
|Anbil P. Dharmalingam|
|Title||founder member of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|Political party||Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam|
|Children||Anbil Poyyamozhi, Anbil Periyasamy|
Anbil P. Dharmalingam was a politician from the Indian state of Tamil Nadu and founder member of Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam. The Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute is named after him.
At a rally held in North Arcot district on April 7 and April 8, 1973 in which Dharmalingam and five other Ministers presided, he declared that formation of an independent Tamil Nadu was the aim of the D. M. K.
He was elected to the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly as a Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam candidate from Lalgudi constituency in 1962 and 1980 elections and from Tiruchirappalli - II constituency in 1971 election.
- Ramanujan, K. S. (1971). Challenge and Response: An Intimate Report of Tamil Nadu Politics, 1967-1971. Sundara Prachuralayam. p. 216.
- All India Council of Mayors (1973). Proceedings. p. 72.
- The Indian Journal of Social Work. Tata Institute of Social Sciences. 1956. p. 183.
- Ralhan, O. P. (2002). Encyclopaedia of Political Parties. Anmol Publications PVT. LTD. p. 238. ISBN 8174888659, ISBN 978-81-7488-865-5.
- Indian Institute of Applied Political Research (1974). The Annual Register of Indian Political Parties. Orientalia. p. 695.
- 1962 Madras State Election Results, Election Commission of India
- 1971 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- 1980 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- "CM announces candidates for two seats". The Hindu. 29 January 2000.