A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Verma graduated from the University of Galați with a master's degree in engineering. After leaving modelling, she joined Atlas Telecom Network Romania, a mobile service provider, and was appointed the Deputy General Manager of Bucharest operations. Upon her marriage to Abhishek Verma in 2006, she became his lieutenant in his global weapons trade and defense supplies business; in 2011 she bought into 51% equity and was appointed the Managing Director of SIG SAUER India, a joint venture with the multinational weapons contractor.
Verma is the Chairperson of Olialia World a fast moving consumer goods multinational corporation with annual revenues of US$ 2 billion. Verma was awarded the contract to construct & own Maldives International Airport with an investment of US$ 500 million. This airport would be known as 'Olialia International Airport' for 50 years. Close to the international airport in Maldives, Verma is developing another island into a five star hotel called the Olialia Island Resort which is staffed only by blonde women.
Arrest and imprisonment
Verma and her husband have been accused of corruption and money laundering and were arrested by the CBI for supposedly bribing Indian defense officials in order to secure billion-dollar weapons contracts. On 8 June 2012 they were both imprisoned in Tihar Jail, Delhi.
Verma's bail plea was rejected by the Delhi High Court in March 2015, but on 20 May 2016 the court granted her bail after four years in prison. According to Indian investigators, their attempts to freeze Verma's offshore bank accounts in the tax haven of Principality of Liechtenstein had been unsuccessful as the Liechtenstein government rejected the request from Enforcement Directorate India, calling it a 'fishing expedition' as no charges had been brought forward that could constitute a criminal offence in Liechtenstein or the European Union.
- "End of the high road for Abhishek Verma?". The New Indian Express.
- "Atlas Telecom Romania".
- "Joined billionaires club in Romania".
- "SIG SAUER shareholders & directors details".
- "SIG SAUER Joint Venture".
- "Foreigners' ministry of defence access sparks concern". The Times of India.
- "SIG SAUER Billion dollar deals".
- "The Times Group". epaperbeta.timesofindia.com. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- Nazeer, Ali. "Olialia investment in Maldives involves nothing unusual: says country partner". alinazeer.com. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Olialia Calendar Launch Party". allevents.in. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Maldives 'invites' company of an arms dealer to construct international airport". Maldives Times. 2017-10-10. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Maldives awards Olialia India, Abhishek Verma's firm to build international airport". www.newsleakcentre.com. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Miliardara romanca din India investeste 500 milioane dolari in Insulele Maldive! Anca este sotia dealerului de arme Abhishek Verma si vrea sa construiasca un aeroport international pe celebra insula". WOWBiz. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Indian company linked to 'arms dealer' invited to build Maldives airport". ThePrint. 2017-10-16. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Anca Verma, cea mai bogată româncă! - ROMANIAVIPPRESS". ROMANIAVIPPRESS (in Romanian). 2016-10-16. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- CNN, By A. Pawlowski,. "Firm plans resort staffed by blondes only - CNN.com". Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- Newling, Dan (2010-10-05). "Island to be staffed exclusively by blondes". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- Administrator. "Huge international scandal! Romanian Anca Maria Neacsu and her husband, billionaire Verma arrested in India". Bucharest Herald. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Abhishek Verma's universe of lust and lucre". intoday.in.
- "How arms dealer Abhishek Verma exploited top-secret defence information". ndtv.com.
- "Arms dealer, wife have a jailhouse romance in Tihar". hindustantimes.com/.
- "Romanca arestata in India alaturi de sotul ei... - Cancan.ro". Cancan.ro.
- "De la recepţioneră, la afaceri de miliarde de dolari". evz.ro.
- Press Trust of India (16 March 2015). "HC dismisses bail plea of Verma's wife, former IAF officer". business-standard.com.
- "Secret funds of Anca Verma in Liechtenstein - Economic Times article". May 22, 2015.
- Kumar, Nirnimesh (2017-04-27). "Court discharges Abhishek Verma, wife in graft cases". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- IANS (2017-04-26). "Court discharges arms dealer Verma, wife in two cases". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2017-11-24.