January 3, 1987 |
New Delhi, India
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Manager||Mars Models, Colby Models, International Models, Mega Models|
Anchal Joseph (born January 3, 1987 in New Delhi, India) is an Indian American fashion model and actress. She is one of the first Indian Models on Americas Next Top Model. She is known as one of the" most physically beautiful contestants to compete in the competition" according to Tyra Banks. She was often ridiculed by fellow participants but it didn't stop her from doing well and becoming a fan favourite. America's Next Top Model, Cycle 7.
Joseph was born in New Delhi, India, but her family migrated to Homestead, Florida, when she was six years old. She was nineteen years old when she tried out for America's Next Top Model, Cycle 7, but before that she was working in her hometown as a sales clerk. She had also modelled for Zoom Magazine and French Vogue. Growing up, she was quite insecure and felt unattractive, but when she got into modelling she became more confident.
America's Next Top Model
Joseph was the sixth contestant to be selected to participate on the seventh cycle of America's Next Top Model and was told at casting by host Tyra Banks that she was one of the most physically beautiful contestants to ever participate in the competition. While she was often praised for the quality of her portfolio, her lack of self-confidence was often noted by the judging panel and she was eliminated after refusing to fully participate in a challenge that required her to perform a task while portraying a random emotion (dance aggressively), ranking seventh. Joseph stirred some controversy when she made comments about the fact that people with lighter hair, skin or eyes were perceived as better looking in India, when asked about her blue contacts by Tyra Banks. She was voted CoverGirl of the Week by the viewers during the third and fourth episode.
Modelling and acting career
Joseph has been featured in the pages of Vogue Paris, and ZOOM Magazine and modelled for Show Off Straps for their on-line look book prior to her appearance on America's Next Top Model Cycle 7. Post-ANTM Joseph signed with photographer Manny Roman who relaunched her modelling and acting career, booking her for Night Weekly Magazine, Artemis Allure Models Magazine, I AM CERA show / FUNKSHION Fashion week, Lila Nikole Show / Rock Fashion Week, Red Dress Fashion Show to benefit the American Heart Association at the Setai Hotel in South Beach as part of Funkshion Fashion Week. He also booked her to co-host SFL Live with Kristin Anderson. Roman no longer represents Joseph and has placed her with MEGA Models Miami. She has modelled for Sofi Swimwear. She has also taken part in several Miami Fashion Weeks.
- "America's Next Top Model: Anchal Plays the Blame Game - Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. 2006-11-15. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
-  Archived February 15, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Anchal Joseph - Fashion Model - Profile on FMD". Fashionmodeldirectory.com. 1987-01-03. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Published 01.21.11 Print (2011-01-21). "ONLY ON TOOFAB! How Jim Carrey Met His 'Top Model' Date!". tooFab.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "The Luna Show #125 Anchal Joseph of America's Next Top Model". YouTube. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Byrne, Alla (2011-01-21). "Anchal Joseph and Jim Carrey New Couple?". People.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- "PIC: Jim Carrey, 49, Steps Out With New Model Girlfriend, 24". UsMagazine.com. 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Vary, Adam B. "'Top Model' alum Anchal still in the running to become Jim Carrey's next girlfriend. | PopWatch | EW.com". Popwatch.ew.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Zakarin, Jordan (2011-01-21). "Jim Carrey, Anchal Joseph Dating?". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2012-11-27.