|Founded||2015New York City, New York, United Statesin|
New York City,
|Products||Software as a service for accounting and invoicing|
The company was founded in 2015 by Martin Strutz and Leif Abraham, at Prehype, a startup incubator, with an app to enable users to create invoices, manage accounts and customer billing. In 2018 the platform was serving 60,000 small businesses.
The company raised seed funding of US$2,000,000 in early 2016. And Co's disclosed investors include Designer Fund, BoxGroup, former Behance founder Scott Belsky, and Joshua Kushner’s fund, Thrive Capital, according to a report on Crunchbase.
And Co was acquired by Fiverr in January 2018. Fiverr CEO Micha Kaufman said “the vast majority of freelancing is happening offline”, and Fiverr wants to enable those offline relationships, and was therefore making And Co's offering completely free. The amount of the deal was undisclosed, but was estimated by Globes to be “several million dollars”.
Williams&Harricks debt collection letters
In 2017, And Co launched a service called Williams&Harricks, which enables service providers who have not been paid by their clients to send low cost demand letters, to help in their debt collection efforts.
The Freelance Contract
In conjunction with the Freelancers Union, And Co launched the first standard freelance contract in 2017, built around the Freelance Isn't Free Act, a New York City law designed to protect freelancers.
And Co conducts and publishes research on the gig economy in which it operates from time to time, and in September 2018 discovered that amongst remote workers, 55% of respondents say they work remotely 100% of the time, while 28% say they work remotely and on-site, with another 15% stating they are mostly on-site working remotely only some of the time. In September 2018 the company revealed that among digital nomads, women were more likely to earn more than US$50,000 than men (44% vs 39%).
- Nati Yefet (January 25, 2018), "Israel's Fiverr buys US startup AND CO", Globes, retrieved July 3, 2018
- Connie Loizos (March 29, 2016), "AND CO raises $2 million led by Thrive to manage freelancers' most dreaded tasks", Techcrunch, retrieved July 2, 2018
- Jason D. Rowley (January 24, 2018), "Fiverr's AND CO Acquisition Continues Freelance Consolidation Trend", Crunchbase, retrieved July 3, 2018
- Anthony Ha (January 24, 2018), "Fiverr acquires And Co, maker of software for freelancers", Techcrunch, retrieved July 2, 2018
- Shoshanna Solomon (January 25, 2018), "Israel's Fiverr buys US startup AND CO for undisclosed amount", The Times of Israel, retrieved July 3, 2018
- Sarah Kessler (April 21, 2017), "For $3 a pop, freelancers who have been stiffed can hire this fake law firm to send a threatening letter", Quartz, retrieved July 2, 2018
- Shareen Pathak (May 16, 2017), "'They screw me, screw them': Ad freelancers fight back", Digiday, retrieved July 2, 2018
- Lydia Dishman (February 22, 2012), "At last: a standard contract to protect freelancers", Fast Company, retrieved July 2, 2018
- Kristin Wong (February 24, 2017), "This Tool Helps You Create a Freelance Contract", Lifehacker, retrieved July 2, 2018
- Michael Guta (August 28, 2018), "55% of Remote Workers Now Telecommute Full Time, Survey Says", Small Business Trends, retrieved September 24, 2018
- Adi Gaskell (September 11, 2018), "The Health And Well-Being Of Gig Work", Forbes, retrieved September 24, 2018
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New York City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|