This article possibly contains original research. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anda in March 2016
|Birth name||Won Min-ji|
|Also known as||Andamiro|
|Born||February 5, 1991|
Seoul, South Korea
|Revised Romanization||Won Min-ji|
- 1 Life and career
- 2 Discography
- 3 Filmography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Life and career
From a young age, Anda wanted to become a singer. With a distinct facial structure, she had received various comments about her aimed career, which caused her to hesitate on pursuing her desired career path.
While trying hard to achieve her dream, Anda failed the entrance examination for university. This made her confidence level hit rock bottom. The following year, she tried again and finally passed the entrance examination for the Performing Arts Department at Sungkyunkwan University.
In 2012, Anda finally debuted as Andamiro under Trophy Entertainment with the dance single "Don't Ask" featuring Yang Dong-geun, gaining attention with the unique style of music, it has also earned her the nickname, "Korea's Lady Gaga".
Later in the year, Anda released another single with Euro-dance style called "Hypnotize" showing her powerful vocal skills. Other than the original Korean version, an English version, a Spanish version and a remix were also released. The other released versions of the song gained much global attention, particularly from Spain.
2015: Comeback with "Mastering", "It's Goin' Down" and "Touch"
In 2015, Anda came back with a dance single called "Mastering" under Emperor Entertainment Korea. "Mastering" is a medium tempo song with an EDM beat and an urban R&B style produced by top producer Choi Joon Young. The song "Mastering" uses simple and sweet lyrics which gives a romantic feel to it.
In June, Anda released the single "Touch", which gained a lot of attention nationally and internationally for the "Girl on Girl" concept and Mark Romanek directed Criminal inspired in the Music Video.
2017–present: Label changes and What You Waiting For
|Title||Album details||Peak positions|
|Do Worry Be Happy (with Primary)||
|"—" denotes release did not chart.|
|As lead artist|
|"Don't Ask" (말고) (as Andamiro) (feat. YDG)||2012||—||Hypnotize|
|"Hypnotize (Spanish Ver.)" (as Andamiro)||2013||—||Non-album singles|
|"Waiting" (as Andamiro) (feat. Double K)||—|
|"Mastering" (S대는 갔을텐데)||2015||—|
|"Like Family" (가족같은)||—|
|"It's Goin' Down" (with The Quiett)||2015||—||Non-album singles|
|"What You Waiting For" (뭘기다리고있어) (with R.Tee)||2019||—|
|"—" denotes release did not chart.|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Nobody Knows" (아무도 모르게)||2017||—||—||Saimdang, Memoir of Colors OST Part 9|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that region.|
|2017||Saimdang, Memoir of Colors||Anna|
|2015||Let's Go! Dream Team Season 2||291
|2015||Saturday Night Live Korea (Season 6)||20
|2017||Video Star (Season 2)||28|
|2015||MAXIM Korea||Magazine Photoshoot|
|2015||Glance TV||ICONIC LIVE|
- "안다, K2 모델로 발탁… 현빈과 함께 호흡 '기대감UP'". Korea Herald Business (in Korean). February 3, 2016. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- "ANDAMIRO (안다미로)". KBS World Radio. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- "Anda (Korea's Lady Gaga) on Purplesta". Archived from the original on January 24, 2017. Retrieved January 21, 2017.
- "Anda releases MV for "Mastering"". Koreaboo. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "ANDA releases risque 'Touch' MV featuring girl-on-girl action".
- "K-Pop Singer Anda Continues To Push Her Sound And Style To The Limit On 'Touch'".
- Park, So-young (July 21, 2018). "[단독] YG 양현석, 안다와 가수 계약..승리 신곡 MV에 여주 투입". Onsen (in Korean). Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- "ENTERTAINMENT NEWS 19.02.26 R.Tee x ANDA". YGX (in Korean). February 26, 2019. Retrieved August 9, 2019.
- "Gaon Album Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart.
- "Gaon Digital Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart.
- Cite error: The named reference
gaonwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "It's Me – Korea K-Pop Hot 100 (September 8, 2012". Billboard Charts.