Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Hanu Raghavapudi|
|Produced by||Sai Korrapati
S. S. Rajamouli
|Written by||Hanu Raghavapudi|
|Screenplay by||Hanu Raghavapudi|
|Edited by||Chandrasekhar G. V.|
|Distributed by||SVC Cinemas (Andhra Pradesh)
14 Reels (overseas)
Andala Rakshasi (English: A Beautiful Devil) is a 2012 Telugu romance film written and directed by Hanu Raghavapudi. The film, produced by Sai Korrapati and S. S. Rajamouli under Vaaraahi Chalana Chitram banner, marks the debut of Naveen Chandra, Rahul Ravindran and Lavanya Tripathi. The soundtrack of the film was composed by Radhan and cinematography was handled by Murali. The film was released on 10 August 2012.
in 1991, Gautham (Rahul Ravindran) a rich guy who sees Mithuna (Lavanya Tripathi) for the first time and falls in love with her. However she meets with an accident and is on her death bed. Gautham arranges for all surgeries and she recovers but after she gains consciousness, Mithuna asks about Surya (Naveen Chandra). Apparently, both are in love with each other but Mithuna is told Surya is dead. Meanwhile, Gautham expresses his feelings and he manages to take her to Ooty. He does all attempts to show his love to Mithuna who is unable to forget him. The two often fight and argue and one fine day Mithuna goes missing. Gautham thinks that Mithuna has left the house and gone to commit suicide. He slaps her and but he realizes that she has accepted his love and decides to marry him. As he goes to Hyderabad to make the arrangements for the wedding, he suddenly sees a painting of mithuna on the road. A beggar tells him that a mad man named Surya has drawn it and Gautham is shocked upon hearing this. The beggar tells him that Surya stays near a factory and to his shock, he finds glass bottles of different colors in arranged order represtning Mithuna's face. Surya is revealed to be alive and has become completely disarrayed by thinking that Mithuna is dead. In a flashback 3 months ago, Mithuna is Christian and as part of a missionary service, she gives out flowers to people. One of them happens to be Surya, who falls in love with her at first sight. He follows her and woos her during this time but Mithuna always pushes him away, saying that she will never like him and that either she or he will die if she one day actually ends up liking him. The months pass by and Surya continues to woo Mithuna but one day he stops seeing her altogteher. Mithuna for some unknown reason suddenly feels for Surya and yearns to see him. She ends up visiting his house and finds out that he is an artist and she reciprocates Surya's feelings for her towards him. The two celebrate and after near a highway Muthina asks him if he will ever leave her and he says no. Soon after, Midhuna meets with a car accident and her parents are unable to bear the cost of the treatment. Gautham father arrives in the picture and makes a marriage proposal. Midhuna's father requests Surya to leave for her life. Surya who has a heart break revolves on the roads of Anantagiri. After knowing the truth, Gautham tells Midhuna that Surya is alive. She gets emotional but refuses to marry him. Gautham's father plans to kill Surya for the love of his son. Gautham comes to know the plan and tells his father that he is getting killed instead of Surya, in the hands of paid murderers on the telephone. Gautham sacrifices his life for Midhuna after getting stabbed and hitting a vehicle. Before he dies, he feels Midhuna is walking away in front of his car. Midhuna feels heartbreak for the second time. Later Midhuna and Surya meet each other . Gautham's love succeeds when Midhuna asks Surya for time to forget Gautham. Later it is revealed that the dead man at graveyard is Gautham's father who was missing for a while.
- Lavanya Tripathi as Midhuna
- Naveen Chandra as Surya
- Rahul Ravindran as Gautham
- C.V.L. Narasimha Rao
Hanu Raghavapudi, a former associate of director Chandra Sekhar Yeleti, makes his directorial debut with the film. It was reported that Sai Korrapati, who previously made the 2012 blockbuster film Eega with S. S. Rajamouli started the film's production in December 2010. The first look posters of the film were released in February 2012. First trailer of the film was released on 31 May 2012 through YouTube. It was announced that the theatrical distribution rights of the film for Andhra Pradesh region were sold to Dil Raju's SVC Cinemas. Later through his Twitter account, Rajamouli announced that he bought a stake in the film and would now act as the co-producer for it. On 31 July, it was reported that the film was censored by the Central Board of Film Certification and was given a U/A certificate. The overseas theatrical distribution rights of the film were sold to 14 Reels Entertainment and they collaborated with Ficus for the release.
|Soundtrack album by Radhan|
|Released||2 June 2012|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The soundtrack of the film was composed by Radhan. The audio of the film was launched in Hyderabad on 2 June 2012 through Vel Records. The album consists of six songs, which were penned by Rakendu Mouli, Krishnakanth, Vasishta Sharma and Lakshmi Bhupal. IndiaGlitz reviewed the album and said "'Andala Rakshasi' could have been a better album by cutting short the length of at least three songs. The songs are situation-based, and like all songs belonging to this category, they could work in the film, more than the audio. Even so, this is a good offering from a team of fresh singing, writing and musical talent." Kathik from Milliblog reviewed the album and praised Radhan for his efforts.
|3.||"Manasu Palike"||Rakendu Mouli||Rakendu Mouli||03:48|
|4.||"Ne Ninnu Chera"||Krishnakanth||Ranjith, Veena Ghantasala||03:29|
|5.||"Ye mantramo"||Vasishta Sharma||Bobo Shashi||02:47|
|6.||"Manasa Marchipo"||Lakshmi Bhupal||Sathya Prakash, Bhargavi Sridhar||04:28|
- "SS Rajamouli buys shares in 'Andala Rakshasi'". IBN. 26 July 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Andala Rakshasi sold out to Dil Raju". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Andala Rakshasi: Overseas by 14 Reels Entertainment through Ficus". Idlebrain. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "Andala Rakshasi to release on Aug 10". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Chitchat with Hanu Raghavapudi". Idlebrain. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Andala Rakshasi Cast and Crew". andhalarakshasi.com. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Andala Rakshasi Censored and Releasing on Aug 10th". supergoodmovies. 26 July 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Andala Rakshasi First Look". Idlebrain. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar. "Dil Raju releasing Andala Rakshasi". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Pasupulate, Karthik. "Rajamouli buys stake in Andala Rakshasi". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "Rajamouli buys a share in Andala Rakshasi". Idlebrain. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- A S, Sashidhar. "Andala Rakshasi in DTS mixing". The Times of India. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Telugu News (5 June 2012). "Andala Rakshasi is unconventional: Hanu Raghavapudi". IBN. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- AS, Sashidhar. "14 Reels bags Andala Rakshasi overseas rights". The Times Of India. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Telugu News (2 June 2012). "Andala Rakshasi audio releases on June 2". IBN. Retrieved 1 August 2012.
- "Andala Rakshasi Music Review". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Audio Review". Milliblog. Retrieved 3 August 2012.