|• Total||0.57 sq mi (1.48 km2)|
|• Land||0.57 sq mi (1.48 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,434 ft (437 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||1,600/sq mi (630/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||316, exchanges:444,445|
|GNIS feature ID||0473809|
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Andale is part of the Wichita, KS Metropolitan Statistical Area.
As of the census of 2010, there were 928 people, 290 households, and 236 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,628.1 inhabitants per square mile (628.6/km2). There were 301 housing units at an average density of 528.1 per square mile (203.9/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 98.7% White, 0.2% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.3% of the population.
There were 290 households of which 52.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.1% were married couples living together, 12.4% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 18.6% were non-families. 17.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.20 and the average family size was 3.67.
The median age in the city was 27.2 years. 38.7% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.8% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 25.6% were from 25 to 44; 18.9% were from 45 to 64; and 8.1% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 48.7% male and 51.3% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 766 people, 241 households, and 186 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,514.2 people per square mile (579.9/km²). There were 247 housing units at an average density of 488.3 per square mile (187.0/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 98.69% White, 0.13% Native American, 0.52% from other races, and 0.65% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.57% of the population.
There were 241 households out of which 49.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.5% were married couples living together, 5.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.8% were non-families. 20.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.18 and the average family size was 3.78.
In the city, the population was spread out with 39.2% under the age of 18, 7.6% from 18 to 24, 27.3% from 25 to 44, 14.5% from 45 to 64, and 11.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 28 years. For every 100 females, there were 102.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.9 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $47,333, and the median income for a family was $53,702. Males had a median income of $40,909 versus $30,875 for females. The per capita income for the city was $17,439. About 2.7% of families and 1.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 6.8% of those age 65 or over.
Andale is home to Renwick USD 267 public school district. Andale has one high school and one elementary school. Andale High School is the home of the Andale Indians. The school colors are black and gold.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "2010 City Population and Housing Occupancy Status". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved March 6, 2011.
- Kansas State Historical Society (1916). Biennial Report of the Board of Directors of the Kansas State Historical Society. Kansas State Printing Plant. p. 285.
- Bentley, Orsemus Hills (1910). History of Wichita and Sedgwick County, Kansas: Past and Present. Windmill Publications. p. 617.
- Blackmar, Frank Wilson (1912). Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc. Standard Publishing Company. p. 69.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Andale High School
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andale, Kansas.|
- Andale City Map, KDOT