View of Andebu seen from Dalaåsen. Andebu is mainly forests and lakes. (Photo: Gunnar Gallis)
|• Total||186 km2 (72 sq mi)|
|• Land||183 km2 (71 sq mi)|
|• Density||28/km2 (70/sq mi)|
Andebu was a municipality in Vestfold county, Norway. The administrative centre of the municipality is the village of Andebu. The parish of Andebo was established as a municipality on 1 January 1838 (see formannskapsdistrikt). On 1. january 2017, the municipality became a part of the new Sandefjord municipality, along with Stokke.
Andebu has large areas of woodland. The main villages are Andebu, Høyjord, and Kodal. The church buildings in all three villages are from the Middle Ages; Kodal Church (Kodal kirke) dates from the 12th century; Høyjord stave church (Høyjord Stavkyrkje) was built around 1150-1200.
Andebu Church (Andebu kirke) dates from ca. 1100. The church was first mentioned in a diploma from 1314. The edifice is of stone and has 300 seats. The soapstone baptismal font is from the 1100s. The altarpiece and the pulpit are in Renaissance style and date from about 1650. The images of the altarpiece shows events from the crucifixion of Jesus. The church was extensively restored in 1686. The ridge turret was destroyed in a storm in 1701 and had to be rebuilt. The two church bells were cast by O. Olsen & Son in 1874. The pipe organ from 1909, was replaced during the 1970s. 
The coat-of-arms is from modern times. They were granted on 12 December 1986. The arms show three silver triangles, each for one of the three villages/parishes in the municipality: Andebu, Høyjord, and Kodal. The three triangles also form the letter A, the initial of the municipality. The colour green represents agriculture and forestry
- "Andebu kirke". Den norske kirke. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- Rygh, Oluf (1907). Norske gaardnavne: Jarlsberg og Larviks amt (in Norwegian) (6 ed.). Kristiania, Norge: W. C. Fabritius & sønners bogtrikkeri. p. 155.
- Norske Kommunevåpen (1990). "Nye kommunevåbener i Norden". Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Fakta om Andebu". Andebu kommune. Retrieved 2009-01-11.[dead link] (Norwegian)
- Gallis, Dr. Arne. Andebu bygdebok (Andebu municipality genealogy and history).
- Berg, Lorens. Andebu: en vestfoldbygds historie i 1600-aarene "Lat os inkje forfederne gløyma". ISBN 82-993731-0-7.
- Bråvoll, Ole; Gallis, Odd, Ed. Vestfoldmål: Ord og vendinger fra Andebu (Words and phrases from Andebu).