Ahlgren at the 1912 Olympics
|Born||12 February 1888|
|Died||27 December 1976 (aged 88)|
|Height||191 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Club||GAK Enighet, Malmö|
|Coached by||Iivari Tuomisto|
At the 1912 Olympics Ahlgren won the silver medal in the light heavyweight class. In a remarkable final, he wrestled for nine hours against Ivar Böhling, before the bout was declared a draw. The judges refused to award a gold medal, and gave silver medals to both wrestlers.
- Nio timmars brottningsmatch. Swedish Olympic Committee (1 January 2015)
- Leif Yttergren; Hans Bolling (2012). The 1912 Stockholm Olympics: Essays on the Competitions, the People, the City. McFarland. p. 181. ISBN 978-0-7864-7131-7.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Anders Ahlgren". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Wrestling at the 1912 Stockholm Summer Games: Men's Middleweight B, Greco-Roman". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
- Anders Ahlgren. Swedish Olympic Committee
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anders Ahlgren (wrestler).|