Anders Aukland (in red)
Aukland also used to compete in athletics, and is a former national champion in 5000 meters (1995) and 10,000 metres (1996 and 1997) as well as cross-country running. He has represented Tønsberg FIK and IK Tjalve.   In his only international athletics competition he finished seventh in 5000 m at the 1991 European Junior Championships. 
Aukland received the Egebergs Ærespris in 2001.
- 2005 Duathlon Norwegian Championship winner
- 2005 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships - 50 km classic silver
- 2004 Vasaloppet - Winner (finishing time: 3 hours, 48 minutes and 42.2 seconds)
- 2003 Nordic skiing World Championships - 30 km classic silver, 4 x 10 km gold
- 2002 Winter Olympics - relay gold medal; 15 km classic 4th place
- 2001 Nordic skiing World Championships - 15 km classic 7th place; 30 km classic 9th place
On 7 March 2004, Aukland won the Vasaloppet in Sweden, becoming the second Norwegian to accomplish this feat after 1971 winner Ole Ellefsæter. Aukland's brother Jørgen finished 3rd in that event. In 2010 Anders won the 54 km Birkebeinerrennet. In 2008 he won Marcialonga.
- Bugge, Mette (5 September 2008). "40 år og fortsatt full fart". Aftenposten (in Norwegian). p. 20.
Ole Einar Bjørndalen
Media related to Anders Aukland at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a Norwegian Winter Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to Norwegian cross-country skiing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|