This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Ekerö, Stockholm, Sweden|
Sven Anders Bagge (Swedish pronunciation: [svɛn ²anːdɛʂ ¹baɡːɛ]; born 16 January 1968) is a Swedish composer, lyricist, musician and record producer and partner with Peer Åström. The two songwriters / producers are known as Bagge & Peer. Bagge is also one of three jury members for Idol 2008, Idol 2009, Idol 2010, Idol 2011, Idol 2013 and judge in Made in Sweden. Anders Bagge, or Bag as he is widely known is co-founder and co-owner with partner Christian Wahlberg of the Stockholm-based Murlyn Music Group AB, the international music production company they established in 1998.
Anders Bagge's father Sven Olof Bagge was a producer from the 1950s to the 1980s. By age of five, Anders was not only accompanying him to the studio, but also following lessons as a trumpet and piano player. At 17 years of age, he started producing. By his early twenties, he started discovering artists. He also worked for some time with Cheiron before deciding to work independently.
Bagge was in the early 1990s member of the group Legacy of Sound. His big break came with him writing the huge hit of 1998, "Because of You" by 98 Degrees, which went platinum in the United States. Bagge specifically desired to work with Janet Jackson, stating "She's the one I would give anything to work with. The ultimate female artist," adding, "let's just say we will definitely be prepared if and when that happens."
He has written and produced songs for Westlife, Janet Jackson, Celine Dion, Madonna, Santana, Jennifer Lopez, Anastacia, Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson, Samantha Mumba, Lara Fabian, Enrique Iglesias, Ace of Base and Ashley Tisdale.
Bagge was awarded Best Pop Song at the BMI London Awards for producing Janet Jackson's "All Nite (Don't Stop)." Bagge with Laila Bagge Wahlgren and Andreas Carlsson was jury in Idol 2008, Idol 2009 and Idol 2010 in Sweden. In 2009 and 2010 he was with the program Made in Sweden, where Bagge, Carlsson and Laila Wahlgren would search to find recording artists. IN 2009, the program featured Kim Fransson and Janet Leon. In 2010, it was for recording a single by the Swedish girl pop group Play.
- HitQuarters: Interview with Anders Bagge
- "NORTHERN LIGHTS". Sound on Sound. October 2001. Archived from the original on 15 September 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "BMI Honors Top European Writers, Publishers at 2005 London Awards; Steve Winwood Named a BMI Icon". BMI. 28 November 2005. Retrieved 20 February 2014.
- "Anders Bagge om bröllopsresan: "Vi vill träffa djur"". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- "Anders Bagge brast ut i tårar – när han fick se sin brud gå upp för altargången". Expressen. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- Färsjö, Therese (18 August 2014). "Anders Bagge: "Jag har hittat mig själv"" [Anders Bagge: "I have found myself"]. Expressen (in Swedish). Archived from the original on 23 January 2016. Retrieved 19 September 2019.