15 December 1951 |
Anders Bircow was born in the town of Helsinge, and attended schools in Nærum, Ramløse and Helsinge. He received an education as a bank worker in Helsinge, and later worked as a school teacher in Vorgod in Herning.
Bircow played guitar and bass in a band called Cokes from the age of 13 until adulthood. He joined Skuespillerskolen (Drama school) at the Århus city’s local theatre. In 1979 he formed the comedy group Linie 3 along with Preben Kristensen, with whom he had previously had the four-man group Barbershop Harmony, and Thomas Eje. Linie 3 premiered their first TV show in 1980.
In 2001 Linie 3 appeared in a millennium show called Rundrejsen 2001 that was seen by more than 300,000 people. Linie 3 had their 25th anniversary-show in 2004. They then broke up for some years and Eje spent time in the US; they reformed in 2011. Their comeback show in April 2012 at the Tivoli Theatre in Copenhagen was a success and was followed by a nationwide tour.
Bircow has also appeared in his own one-man-show, mostly at company and private events. He has directed plays and translated drama and animated cartoons. He has voiced many cartoon characters and is the official voice of Mickey Mouse in Denmark.
In addition to acting and entertainment, he was the chief representative of Amway in Denmark for many years. He lodged a successful complaint against a newspaper which characterised this as investment in a pyramid scheme.
- Peter Schepelern -Ørkenens Sønner Bogen 2008 - Page 12 "Han var holdkammerat med Anders Bircow, og opmuntret af sanglæreren Niels Pihl fandt de sammen med Asger Reher og Preben Kristensen fra den følgende årgang om at lave en lille sanggruppe."
- Danske filmskuespillere 2003 Page 249 "Preben Kristensen... På teaterskolen dannede han sammen med Anders Bircow, Søren Pilmark og Asger Reher kvartetten Barbershop Harmony, som i 1978 blev til Linie 3 med Kristensen, Bircow samt Thomas Eje."
- "Anders Bircow". NKbooking. Retrieved 10 January 2016. (Danish)
- "Anders Bircow". Elmerdahl.dk. Retrieved 10 January 2016. (Danish)
- Michaelsen, Jan (10 June 2001). "Linie 3 taber 25 millioner". Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 10 January 2016. (Danish)
- Jan Eriksen, Esben Skrumsager, Mikkel Gottlieb and James Kristoffer Miles, "Preben hjælper de to venner i nød", BT, 22 March 2011, updated 23 September 2012 (Danish)
- Anders Sundling, "Linie 3 tjener kassen: Den sjove trio kan grine hele vejen hen til banken", Se og Hør, 28 April 2012 (Danish)
- "Anders Bircow: Finansiel Intelligens", Musik Formidling, retrieved 22 January 2013 (Danish)
- "Bircow tjener fedt på fup" Archived June 9, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., Ekstra Bladet, 4 February 2008 (Danish)
- Jan Bergman, "Anders Bircow tvunget til at flytte fra huset", Billed-Bladet, 7 July 2012 (Danish)