||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Anders Björler, Stockholm 2011
|Birth name||Anders Martin Björler|
|Born||26 February 1973|
|Genres||Melodic Death Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Groove Metal, Jazz Fusion, Instrumental, Progressive Rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Composer, Film Director, Film Editor|
|Labels||Century Media, Earache, Peaceville, Dolores Records, Razzia Notes Records (Sony)|
|Associated acts||At the Gates, The Haunted, Anders Bjorler Instrumental Project,|
Anders Björler (born February 26, 1973) is a musician and a songwriter from Sweden. He is best known as the lead guitarist in the heavy metal bands The Haunted and At The Gates. Björler also releases instrumental music under his own name (solo) which is inspired by progressive rock, postrock, jazz and italian film soundtracks. He is also a film director and editor and has been directing and editing music promo videos, documentaries & in-the-studio features for bands like Meshuggah, In Flames, At The Gates, The Haunted & Dark Tranquillity.
At the Gates (1990–1996, 2007–)
In July 1996, at the end of the touring cycle for their critically acclaimed 1995 album Slaughter of the Soul, Anders left the band and At the Gates consequently split up.
In October 2007, At the Gates announced a final reunion for 2008, playing major European music festivals along with US, Japanese and Swedish tours. However, in 2011, they reunited a second time to play more shows and the band also released a comeback album, entitled At War with Reality, in late 2014.
The Haunted (1996–2001, 2002–2012)
In September 1996, a few months after the break up of At The Gates, Björler joined The Haunted as the lead guitarist. He remained in the band until 2001 when deciding to focus on university film studies, but in 2002 he returned to the band. Björler departed from the band once again in October 2012 in order to concentrate on his instrumental solo project.
Instrumental Project (Solo) (2013–)
Focuses around his love for Italian movie soundtracks from the 60s–80s and adds a healthy dose of English prog rock, jazz, post-rock and a pinch of Swedish folk music. First release 'Antikythera' was released by Anders Fridén (In Flames) on his label Razzia Notes Records.
At the Gates
- Gardens of Grief (EP) – 1991
- The Red in the Sky Is Ours – 1992
- With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness – 1993
- Terminal Spirit Disease – 1994
- Slaughter of the Soul – 1995
- The Flames of the End (3x DVD) – 2010
- At War with Reality – 2014
- The Haunted – 1998
- The Haunted Made Me Do It – 2000
- Live Rounds in Tokyo (live) – 2001
- One Kill Wonder – 2003
- rEVOLVEr – 2004
- The Dead Eye – 2006
- Versus – 2008
- Road Kill (live) 2010
- Unseen – 2011
Anders Björler (solo)
- Antikythera – November 6, 2013 (Razzia Notes / Sony Records)
- Dreaming of Insomnia (2-track digital single) - August 2015
- Akani - Santa Muerte 7" (2014) (Session Guitars)
- Pagandom - Hurt as a Shadow CD (2016) (Session Guitars)
- The Haunted - The Drowning - Promo Music Video (editor / director) - 2007
- The Haunted - Live in Amsterdam 2009 - Live Concert (DVD) (producer) - 2010
- The Haunted - No Ghost (Live) - Promo Music Video (editor) - 2010
- At The Gates - Live @ Wacken 2008 - Live Concert (DVD) (editor) - 2010
- Under A Serpent Sun - The Story of At The Gates - Documentary, 130 min (editor, producer, director) - 2010
- In Flames - Soundtrack of a Playground Fading - Six episode YouTube in-the-studio series (editor, producer, director) - 2011
- Meshuggah: Konstrukting the Koloss - Making of / Documentary (editor) - 30 min - 2012
- Meshuggah in India - Documentary (editor, producer, director) - 30 min - 2012
- Anders Martin Björler (26 February 1973). "Ratsit – Gratis upplysning pЕ fЖretag och privatpersoner". Ratsit.se. Retrieved 2012-02-29.
- "THE HAUNTED Guitarist ANDERS BJÖRLER Quits". BlabberMouth.