Anders Björner (born 17 December 1947) received his Ph.D. from Stockholm University in 1979, under Bernt Lindström. He is a Swedish professor of mathematics, in the Department of Mathematics at the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. His research interests are in combinatorics, as well as the related areas of algebra, geometry, topology, and computer science.
- Oriented Matroids (with Michel Las Vergnas, Bernd Sturmfels, N. White and Günter M. Ziegler), Cambridge University Press, 1993. Second Edition 1999, 560 pages. ISBN 0-521-77750-X
- Combinatorics of Coxeter Groups (with F. Brenti), Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 231, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2005, 367 pages. ISBN 3-540-44238-3
- Chapter "Topological Methods" in Handbook of Combinatorics, (eds. Ronald L. Graham, M. Grötschel and László Lovász), North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1995, pp. 1819–1872.
- Björner, Anders; Ziegler, Günter M. (1992). "8. Introduction to greedoids". In White, Neil. Matroid Applications. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications. 40. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. pp. 284–357. doi:10.1017/CBO9780511662041.009. ISBN 0-521-38165-7. MR 1165537. Zbl 0772.05026.
- "Festive Combinatorics in Honor of Anders Björner's 60th Birthday"
- Anders Björner's profile at the KTH website
- Staff Archived April 4, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. of the Mittag-Leffler Institute (retrieved 19 October 2009)
- Acta Mathematica profile at the Springer Verlag website (retrieved 19 October 2009)
- Abstract of the CBMS Regional Conference in the Mathematical Sciences - Algebraic and Topological Combinatorics of Ordered Sets - 18 - 22 July 2005 Archived July 16, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a Swedish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|