The face of horror (2010)
3 March 1964 |
|Notable works||Svenska Kulter
Jag såg henne idag i receptionen
Anders Fager (born in Stockholm 1964) is a Swedish horror writer. After a career as an army officer and game designer he made his debut in 2009 with the short story collection Swedish Cults (Svenska kulter) that received a most favourable review in Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter and launched Fager's career as full-time writer. Fager writes modern urban horror in a style he has repeatedly described as ”what would happen if James Ellroy took on H.P. Lovecraft”. Set in present-day Sweden, his interconnected stories form a modern part of the Cthulhu mythos with entities such as Dagon and Hastur making appearances. Fager's fictional world, known as "The Cult's World", has been made into a role playing game and a graphic novel.
Anders Fager lives in Stockholm. His other works includes role playing games, a children's book and work with TV and film scripts. His novel "Kaknäs Last Tape" is set in the postapocalyptic world of the role playing game Mutant - Year Zero. Fager is currently working with audiobook publisher Storytell as well as with White Wolf.
Outside of Sweden, Fager has so far been published in Finland and France  and has been introduced in the British Lovecraftiana magazine Cyäegha. A film version of Collected Swedish Cults is being developed by director-team Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein.
- Novellpris 2009, for the short story "Mormors resa" (Grandmother's Journey)
- First Swedish writer to be nominated for the French Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire, for "Les furies de Borås".
- Swedish Cults (2009, Svenska kulter)
- Collected Swedish Cults (2011; Samlade svenska kulter – An omnibus featuring the short stories from Swedish Cults as well as “Interspecies Liaisons” and ”You can not live”)
- I Saw Her Today at the Reception (2012; Jag såg henne idag i receptionen)
- Under the bridge at Arcole (2014; - Short story in Paradox Entertainment's anthology Europa Universalis)
- The Substitute Teacher from Hell (2014, Den elaka vikarien)
- A Man of Wealth and Taste (2014, En man av Stil och Smak)
- Kaknäs' last tape (2015, Kaknäs sista band)
- Dirty Black Summer (2016, Smutsig svart sommar graphic novel adopted from The Furies from Borås)
- Eve's first week being dead (2017, Evas Första Vecka Som Död Audiobook)
- Thente, Jonas (17 March 2010). "Anders Fager: "Svenska kulter"". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). AB Dagens Nyheter. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- CYÄEGHA Number 9 Summer 2013
- "Det våras för svensk skräck". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). AB Dagens Nyheter. 31 March 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Collected Swedish Cults". Internet Movie Database. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Novellpris". Catahya (in Swedish). Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire 2015". Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire (in French). Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- Last Dance With Shub-Niggurarth http://www.tor.com/2016/06/01/llovecraft-reread-anders-fager-furies-from-boras/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anders Fager.|