The face of horror (2010)
3 March 1964 |
|Notable works||Svenska Kulter
Jag såg henne idag i receptionen
Anders Fager (born in Stockholm 1964) is a Swedish horror writer. After a career as an army officer and game designer he made his debut in 2009 with the short story collection Swedish Cults (Svenska kulter) that received a most favourable review in Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter and launched Fager's career as full-time writer. Fager writes modern urban horror in a style he has repeatedly described as ”what would happen if James Ellroy took on H.P. Lovecraft”. Set in present-day Sweden, his interconnected stories form a modern part of the Cthulhu mythos with entities such as Dagon and Hastur making appearances. Fager's fictional world, known as "The Cult's World", has been made into a role playing game and is also currently being turned into a graphic novel and a theartrical play.
Anders Fager lives in Stockholm. His other works includes role playing games, a children's book and work with TV and film scripts. His novel "Kaknäs Last Tape" is set in the postapocalyptic world of the role playing game Mutant - Year Zero.
Outside of Sweden, Fager has so far been published in Finland and France  and has been introduced in the British Lovecraftiana magazine Cyäegha. A film version of Collected Swedish Cults is being developed by director-team Måns Mårlind and Björn Stein.
- Novellpris 2009, for the short story "Mormors resa" (Grandmother's Journey)
- First Swedish writer to be nominated for the French Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire, for "Les furies de Borås".
- Swedish Cults (2009, Svenska kulter)
- Collected Swedish Cults (2011; Samlade svenska kulter – An omnibus featuring the short stories from Swedish Cults as well as “Interspecies Liaisons” and ”You can not live”)
- I Saw Her Today at the Reception (2012; Jag såg henne idag i receptionen)
- Under the bridge at Arcole (2014; - Short story in Paradox Entertainment's anthology Europa Universalis)
- The Substitute Teacher from Hell (2014, Den elaka vikarien)
- A Man of Wealth and Taste (2014, En man av Stil och Smak)
- Kaknäs' last tape (2015, Kaknäs sista band)
- Dirty Black Summer (2016, Smutsig svart sommar graphic novel adopted from The Furies from Borås)
- Thente, Jonas (17 March 2010). "Anders Fager: "Svenska kulter"". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). AB Dagens Nyheter. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- CYÄEGHA Number 9 Summer 2013
- "Det våras för svensk skräck". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). AB Dagens Nyheter. 31 March 2012. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Collected Swedish Cults". Internet Movie Database. IMDb.com, Inc. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Novellpris". Catahya (in Swedish). Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire 2015". Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire (in French). Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- Last Dance With Shub-Niggurarth http://www.tor.com/2016/06/01/llovecraft-reread-anders-fager-furies-from-boras/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anders Fager.|