4 November 1964 |
|College||University of South Florida|
|Former tour(s)||European Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
Haglund was born in Borås, Sweden and played college golf at the University of South Florida in the United States. As an amateur golfer, he won the inaugural European Amateur in 1986 at the Eindhoven Golf Club, which also won him the Sjuhäradssporten Prize for sporting achievement of the year.
Playing mainly on the Challenge Tour, Haglund won the Open de Bordeaux in 1989 and tied for first in the rain-shortened 1997 Interlaken Open. He won the Husqvarna Open on the Swedish Telia Tour in 1994. He played on the European Tour in 1996 where his best finish was a 9th place at 15-under-par in the Hohe Brücke Open.
A shoulder injury ended Haglunds golfing career in 1997 and he became an NLP coach, advising clients including the Swedish National Golf Team, the first division football team Elfsborg and the Swedish Olympic Committee.
- 1986 European Amateur
Professional wins (2)
Challenge Tour (1)
- 1989 Volkswagen Open de Bordeaux
- 1994 Husqvarna Open
- Eisenhower Trophy (representing Sweden): 1988
- Sjuhäradssportens pris Årets sportprestation i Sjuhäradsbygden, Sveriges Radio, 14 December 2014 (in Swedish)
- Challenge Tour All-Time Winners, European Tour, 1 February 2013
- Life Vision: About Anders Haglund