This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anders Knape (born 1955 in Karlstad) is a Swedish conservative politician (Moderate Party). He is president of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SALAR), and also a councillor of the Karlstad Municipality.
Other current positions are 1st Vice President of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR) and Vice President the Committee of the Regions and chairman of the Swedish delegation to the Committee of the Regions. He is also Vice President of the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities (CLRAE) of the Council of Europe and chairman of the Swedish delegation to the CLRAE and a member of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) Executive Bureau and World Council as well as President of the United Nations Advisory Committee of Local Authorities (UNACLA).
- Former political positions (a selection)
- Vice President of the Swedish Association of Local Authorities (2000–2007)
- Chairman of the CEMR Working Group on Twinning (2002–2008)
- Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Karlstad Municipality (1988–2007)
- Councillor of Karlstad Municipality (1976–)
- Councillor, Värmland County Council (1979–1988)