Lund at the 2009 Tour Down Under.
|Full name||Anders Lund|
14 February 1985 |
|2012–2013||Team Saxo Bank|
Anders Lund (born 14 February 1985 in Copenhagen) is a Danish former professional road bicycle racer, who competed as a professional between 2007 and 2013. He started his cycling career racing for Ordrup Cycle Club in the north of Copenhagen, and was reckoned to be a very talented climber and skilled all-rounder. As a teenager he joined Team PH, which later changed its name to Team GLS, where he rode with Matti Breschel and Chris Anker Sørensen, both of whom were also later teammates with him at Team Saxo Bank. He turned professional in 2007 with Team CSC, as the Saxo Bank team was then known.
Lund retired at the end of the 2013 season, after seven seasons as a professional.
- 2nd National Junior Road Race Championships
- 1st National Junior Road Race Championships
- 2nd World Junior Road Race Championships
- Circuit des Ardennes
- 1st Stages 1 & 5
- 2nd European Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 2nd Overall Circuit des Ardennes
- 1st Stage 2
- 2nd U23 Liège–Bastogne–Liège
- 3rd National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 5th Giro Belvedere di Villa di Cordignano
- 8th GP San Giuseppe
- 10th Overall Ringerike GP
- 5th Ronde Van Vlaanderen Beloften
- 6th GP Herning
- 10th Overall Tour de Wallonie
- 8th Route Adélie
- 3rd National Road Race Championships
- 6th Overall Tour of Slovenia
- 8th Japan Cup
- "Lund returning to Saxo Bank". Cycling News (Future Publishing Limited). 17 October 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Riis hopeful of announcing new sponsor soon". Cyclingnews.com (Future plc). 30 September 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
The team has announced only one new signing, Michael Valgren Andersen, and confirmed only one rider leaving, Anders Lund, who is retiring.
Media related to Anders Lund at Wikimedia Commons
- Profile at Team CSC official website
- Anders Lund at Trap-Friis.dk. Archive copy at the Wayback Machine (archived 24 May 2011)
|This biographical article relating to Danish cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|