|Education||Art Centre College of Design Europe, Vevey, Switzerland|
|Occupation||Exterior car design|
|Known for||Automotive Design|
Anders Warming (born 1972) is a Danish automotive designer who is the future Director of Design at Rolls-Royce. He will start his new job in July 2021. Formerly he has been the Chief Design Officer of Borgward. He was the chief of Design for the Mini division of BMW, but resigned in July 2016. Many 1st and 2nd Generation Mini owners disliked his styling approach for the third generation cars. The most often criticized design element was the front end, something many people called a 'fish mouth' due to its large oval grille and lip-like black plastic trim. Before working at MINI, he was the chief of exterior design for BMW from 2007 to the end of 2010. After leaving MINI, he joined Borgward and later started his own design firm. In 2020, he was invited to draw Hengchi 1,2 and 4, which the cars going to be produced next year. Hengchi is the brand of China Evergrande New Energy Vehicle Group Limited (a subsidiary of Evergrande Group)
Education and early career
Warming studied at Art Centre College of Design Europe, Vevey, Switzerland and also the campus in Pasadena, California. He began his career at the BMW's DesignworksUSA studio in California in 1997.
He has worked under Chris Bangle when he was the chief of BMW car design and also worked under Bangle's successor Adrian van Hooydonk. In spring of 2011 Anders Warming became the Chief of Design at BMW Mini.
He then joined Borgward as Chief Design Officer.
As of May 2019, Anders Warming founded his own design studio, Warming Design, based in Munich, Germany. In 2021 he was appointed as the Director of Design at Rolls-Royce starting July 2021.
- "BMW designers before the WWII, the Dawn of the Automotive Design - Classic Period". BMWism.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-22. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Announces New Design Director".
- "BMW Chief Designer Karim Habib Leaves – Third Top Design Official To Leave In 10 Months | Carlist.my - Malaysia's No.1 Car Site". Carlist.my - Malaysia's No.1 Car Site. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- Tesla challenger Evergrande unveils six Hengchi-branded electric car models as it moves closer to launching production
- Levent OZLER (December 1, 2010). "Anders Warming to Head MINI Design". Dexigner.
- Evan Mccausland (December 1, 2010). "BMW 6 Series Designer Anders Warming Named Mini Design Chief - Motor Trend". motortrend.com.
- "Anders Warming will be new MINI Head of Design". BMW Group. FTM Studio S.r.L. 2 December 2010.
- "BMW Car Designers throughout history". BMWism.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-22. Retrieved 2013-02-02.
- Douglas A. Bolduc (1 December 2010). "Mini names BMW's Warming to succeed Hildebrand as design chief".
- "ANDERS WARMING OPENS A NEW DESIGN CENTER". autodesignmagazine.com. 7 May 2019. Retrieved 2020-01-23.
- BMW Designers Anders Warming on an overview of automotive designers working for BMW.
- https://warming-design.com - Warming Design