Anders Wijkman (in 2009).
Anders Ivar Sven Wijkman (born 30 September 1944 in Stockholm) is a Swedish politician who was Member of the European Parliament from 1999 to 2009. As member of the European Parliament, he focused on issues related to climate change, environment, development cooperation and humanitarian affairs. He is a member of the Christian Democrats, part of the European People's Party - European Democrats group.
He sits on the European Parliament's Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. He is also a substitute for the Committee on Development, a member of the delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly, and a substitute for the delegation for relations with the United States.
Anders has been a member of the Swedish parliament, secretary general of the Swedish Red Cross, and president of the International Red Cross Disaster Relief Commission.
Anders Wijkman is vice President of Club of Rome and the Tällberg Foundation. He is a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. He is also a councillor for the World Future Council.
- University degree (1967)
- Secretary-General of the Swedish Red Cross (1979-1988) and the Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (1989-1991)
- Director-General of the Swedish Agency for Research Cooperation with Developing Countries (1992-1994)
- Ambassador, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (since 1998)
- Member of the Swedish Parliament (1971-1978)
- Vice-Chairman of Committee on Development and Cooperation (2002-2004)
- Assistant Secretary-General of united Nations and Policy Director of UNDP (1995-1997)
- Member of the Club of Rome
- Member of International Factor 10 Club
- Member of the World Academy of Art and Science
- Member of the Board of Lead International
- Member of the Board of the World Resources Forum
- Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- Member of the Royal Academy of Agriculture and Forestry, Sweden
- Chairman of the board of the National Museum of Natural History
- Chairman of the board of the ZERI Foundation
- Member of the European Parliament since 1999