This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Andersen Viana (born 1962) is a Brazilian composer.
Born in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, he has a Ph.D. in Music Composition from the Federal University of Bahia. He began composing at the age of thirteen and became a professor at the age of nineteen. He has studied in courses and seminars about music and film in several official institutions with Ennio Morricone, Ettore Scolla, Giussepe Tornatore, E. Polizzi, Radamés Gnatalli, Max Rostal, Oilliam Lanna, S. Vianna (Accademia Chigiana di Siena, Reale Accademia Filarmonica di Bologna, Arts Academy of Rome, Royal University College of Music Stockholm, UFMG, UFBA), among others. He currently works as a composer-conductor and cultural producer, as well as a professor at the Clóvis Salgado Foundation, Palácio das Artes, in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, in addition to offering lectures and workshops in various institutions both in Brazil and abroad. His first teacher wa his father, Sebastião Vianna (assistant and reviser for the Brazilian composer, Heitor Villa-Lobos), and most recently furthered his studies in other institutions in Brazil, Italy, and Sweden. He has also published over forty articles both in Brazil and Europe.
Viana has received 29 awards in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Europe and the USA, including the "Prix de Composition" at the "First Composition Competition Festin Choral 2013" in the city of Billère (France), first prize at the Susanville Symphony Composition Competition 2012 (USA), first prize in the international composition contest of "Lys Music Orchestra 2001" in Belgium, first prize and the audience prize in the "Lambersart 2006 International Contest of Composition" in France. To date, he has composed 315 musical pieces for voices, chamber, symphonic as well as electronic instruments.
Viana has also composed film scores for the following films: A Cartomante, Retalhos do Taquaril, Bem Próximo do Mal (Next Evil), Jogando para o Amanhã, O Próximo Passo, Gun’s Speech, Trem Fantasma, 3:00:AM, Corações Ardentes, Filhos de Adão, Perdidos em Abbey Road, Vivalma, Manuelzão e Bananeira, Ofélia, Opostos, Minas Portuguesa, O Homem da Cabeça de Papelão, Convict, Ser Humano (Human Being), Um Dia Qualquer, Nego, Reenactment, Desafios and Oswaldo França Júnior.
Viana has also organised and conducted/directed various vocal and instrumental ensembles, including: "Orquestra Experimental" (1983), "Septheto Rio" (1986), "Coro Pedagógico da FEBEM" (1991), "Coro do Centro de Estudos da Embaixada do Brasil em Roma" (1993), "Coro da Cultura Inglesa BH" (1994), "Trio Barroco" (1994), "Orchestra Virtual" (1995), "Estocolmo Nonet" (1996), “The Duo” (1997), “Coro da SMRU”, “Camerata Primavera” (2003), “A Cigarra e a Orquestra” (2006–2008), and “Coral IOCHPE MAXION”(2009). He has developed diverse musical projects in countries other than Brazil, such as Belgium, Bulgaria, the USA, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Italy, Portugal, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Russia, Denmark, and Sweden.
- Ph.D. in musical composition at the School of Music of Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
- Specialization Course at the Reale Accademia Filarmonica di Bologna” in Composition of Film Music
- Specialization Course at the “Arts Academy of Rome” in Composition
- Specialization Course at the “Accademia Chigiana di Siena” in composition of Film Music
- "Guest Student” at the Royal University College of Music in Stockholm - Sweden
- BA in Music Composition by the School of Music at Federal University of Minas Gerais-Brazil
- Methodology in Music Education UFMG
- Piano Interpretation Extension Course UFMG
- International Pro-Art Viola Course
- Curitiba Cultural Music Workshop
- International Course of High-level Interpretation of the Violin and Viola
- Poços de Caldas International Summer Music Course in Composition
- Workshops of screen writing, texts and cinema with Paulo Halm, Cláudio MacDowell and Ana Miranda.
- II International Seminar of Cinema and Audiovisual by the Federal University of Bahia
- Journey “ The Unconscious of the House, Identity and Migration by the Istituto Biaggi (Brazil-Italy)
- 1° International Seminar of Cultural Management by Duo Information and Culture
- 2014 - Residence Prize from IBERMÚSICAS (Ibero-American State Organization)
- 2013 - Composition Prize (PAMPA) at Residencia Nacional de Composición Musical from Ministry of Culture-Argentina
- Honorable Mention from the Jury at XV Concurso Internacional de Composición en Montserrat(Valencia) Spain. - “Prix de Composition” at “First Composition Competition Festin Choral 2013” city of Billère-France
- 2012 - First Prize at Susanville Symphony Composition Competition California-USA.
- 2009 - Honorable Mention at “BAM” Composition Competition, Netherlands.
- 2006 - First Prize at "Concours de Composition pour Orchestre d’Harmonie" Lambersart – France.
- “Prix du Public” at "Concours de Composition pour Orchestre d’Harmonie" Lambersart - France.
- Second Prize at Composition Competition of Federal University of Bahia
- 2004 - First Prize at Gilberto Mendes Composition Prize
- Honorable mention at “Coups de Vents” Composition Competition
- 2001 - "Best Sound Track" at the Gramado Film Festival at especial category
-First Prize at the Funarte Composition Competition (String Quartet) -Second Prize at the Funarte Composition Competition (String Orchestra) -Second Prize at the Funarte Composition Competition (Symphonic Orchestra) - Public Prize at the Funarte Composition Competition - First Prize at "1er Concours de Composition pour Orchestre à Vent" Lys Music Orchestra Comines - Belgium
- 1998 - Second Prize at the II Camargo Guarnieri Composition Prize (USP Orchestra)
- 1998 - First Prize at the I Guerra-Peixe Composition Competition (FUNARJ-RJ)
- 1996 - First Prize at the II National Composition Competition for Double Bass (UFMG/ABC-Brazilian Double Bass Association)
- 1993 - Italo-Latin American Institute of Rome Prize (IILA-Accademia Chigiana di Siena)
- 1992 - Anzio Music Festival Prize
- 1989 - Scholarship Award, Berklee College of Music, Boston -USA
- 1986 - Funarte Sidney Miller Hall
- 1984 - First Prize in the National Composition Competition of Rio de Janeiro for Woodwinds (Coomusa)