Anderson-Shiro Consolidated Independent School District
|Anderson-Shiro Consolidated Independent School District|
|458 FM 149 W|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Motto||Building Champions ... Whatever it Takes|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Established||1970 (by merger of the Anderson and Shiro districts)|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||57.15 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||12.00 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 3A Football Division II|
|District mascot||Fighting Owls|
|Colors||Midnight Blue, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Anderson-Shiro Consolidated Independent School District (ASCISD) is a public school district based in Anderson, Texas (USA). In addition to Anderson, the district also serves the community of Shiro as well as rural areas in central Grimes County. The district operates a combined junior/senior high school, Anderson-Shiro Jr./Sr. High School, and one elementary school, Anderson-Shiro Elementary School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $449,666,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.039 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in two schools.
- Anderson-Shiro Jr./Sr. High School (Grades 6-12)
- Anderson-Shiro Elementary (Grades PK-5)
Anderson-Shiro High School participates in the following sports:
- Boys—football (new for 2012), basketball and cross-country for fall sports; baseball, golf, tennis, and track for spring sports.
- Girls—basketball, volleyball and cross-country for fall sports; softball, golf, tennis, and track for spring sports.
For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Anderson-Shiro High School will participate in UIL Class AA for athletic and academic purposes; in football it will participate in Class AA Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Anderson-Shiro CISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Anderson-Shiro High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- http://www.ascisd.net/pages/Anderson-Shiro_Consolidated_IS/Departments/Athletics/Owl_Athletics[permanent dead link]
- http://www.ascisd.net/pages/Anderson-Shiro_Consolidated_IS/Departments/Athletics/Lady_Owl_Athletics[permanent dead link]