Anderson Downtown Historic District (Anderson, South Carolina)
Anderson Downtown Historic District
|Location||Main St. between Tribble and Market Sts. (original) and 402 N. Main St. (increase), Anderson, South Carolina|
|Area||14.5 acres (5.9 ha)
0.5 acres (0.20 ha)
|Built||1870 (original) and 1924 (increase)|
|Architect||Baldwin, James J.; Casey, Joseph H. (increase)|
|Architectural style||Early Commercial
|NRHP reference #||79002372 (original)
|Added to NRHP||February 23, 1979|
|Boundary increase||November 5, 1987|
Anderson Downtown Historic District in Anderson, South Carolina originally built in the late 19th century is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
National Register Properties
National Register properties within the district include:
- Palmetto Building ca. 1909, 201 S. Murray Avenue (Formerly Sullivan Hardware Company Warehouse)
- Sullivan Building c. 1881, 208 S. Main St. (Former Sullivan Hardware Store, now Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill)
- Chiquola Condominiums c. 1888, 100 W. Whitner St. (Formerly Plaza Hotel) Courthouse Square/Plaza
- Historic Anderson County Courthouse, c. 1898, 101 S. Main St., Courthouse Square/Plaza
- Robert Anderson Fountain, 202 E. Greenville St. (Anderson County Museum, Formerly located in the Courthouse Square/Plaza)
- The Bleckley Inn, 151 E. Church St. (on former site of Bleckley Building, which was the first building in the area to contain multiple stories and an elevator)
- Former National Bank of Anderson (no longer in existence), 109 E. Benson St./203 S. Main St (Approximate)
- Anderson City Hall/Police Department, 401 S. Main St.
- Woodlawn-Sosbee Funeral Home C. 1909, 401 N. Main St. (Former Anderson Post Office)
- Anderson County Arts Center C. 1905, 405 N. Main St.(Former Carnegie Library Building)
- The Calhoun Historic Lofts C. Early 1920s, 402 N. Main St. (Former John C. Calhoun Hotel)
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Ballard, Eric; Georgianna Graham; Kappy McNulty (January 1978). "Anderson Downtown Historic District" (pdf). National Register of Historic Places - Nomination and Inventory. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Anderson Downtown Historic District, Anderson County (Main Street, Anderson)". National Register Properties in South Carolina. South Carolina Department of Archives and History. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
|This article about a property in Anderson County, South Carolina on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|