- Where She Was. Knopf. 1985. ISBN 978-0-394-53521-0.
- Home for the Day Knopf, 1994 reprint. Alyson Books. 1997. ISBN 978-1-55583-429-6.
- Have You Heard. Bloomsbury. 2004. ISBN 978-1-58234-189-7.
...Ferrell's mismanaged plot device fails to spoil his novel. His melodious backtracking and sweet-tea atmospherics, along with his catty eye for small-town social distinctions and his keen ear for fence-line gossip, imbue much of Have You Heard with a juicy charm. Like the world at large, though, it would be far better off without gay-baiting politicians and town-square gunfire.
- "Ten Chosen to Receive Whiting Writers' Prizes". The New York Times, October 30, 1996
- Joseph M. Flora and Lucinda Hardwick Mackethan, The Companion to Southern Literature: Themes, Genres, Places, People, Movements, and Motifs. Scholarly Book Services, 2002. ISBN 978-0807126929. p. 568.
- Miles, Jonathan (April 25, 2004). "Armed and Fabulous". The New York Times. Retrieved 22 December 2011.
|This American novelist article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|