Anderson High School, Lerwick
|Anderson High School|
North Loch Drive
|Motto||Dö Weel and Persevere|
|Local authority||Shetland Islands Council|
|Head teacher||Mrs Valerie Nicolson|
|Age||11 to 18|
The AHS is the largest school in Shetland with around 80 staff and about 700-800 pupils from age 11 to 18.
Pupils transfer to the AHS from both local primary schools and remote island primary schools. Pupils also transfer from Junior High Schools after S4 (age 16), leading to more pupils in S5 than in S4.
In 2005, the school was awarded Schools of Ambition status.
- AEI Anderson Educational Institute
- AHS Anderson High School
- Shetland Islands Annual Return (September 2010) http://www.shetland.gov.uk/education/AnnualReturn.asp
- Irvine, James W. (1985). Lerwick; The Birth and Growth of an Island Town. Lerwick: Lerwick Community Council. p. 126. ISBN 0-9509669-1-6.
- Anderson High School Website
- School Handbook 2009-2010
- AHS Entry at Scottish Schools Online
- Shetland Islands Council Education