Anderson Junior College
||This section contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Anderson Junior College
Maktab Rendah Anderson
|4500 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6, Singapore 569843
Yio Chu Kang, Singapore
|Motto||Non Mihi Solum
((Not for Myself Alone))
|Principal||Ms. Tay Lai Ling|
|Vision||"Passionate Learners, Adventurous Thinkers, Caring Leaders"|
|Mission||"To mould men and women of Purpose and Character"|
Anderson Junior College (AJC) is a junior college established in 1984 and located in Yio Chu Kang, Singapore, offering two-year pre-university courses leading to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Advanced Level examinations. Anderson Junior College has been affirmed as one of the leading junior colleges in Singapore for value-added academic performances.
Anderson Junior College was the 11th junior college to be established in Singapore and received its first batch of students in 1984. It celebrates its anniversary on the 5th of April each year. The Anderson Junior College Hostel was planned and construction commenced in 2009. The hostel was opened in 2012.
Presently, AJC has more than 160 teaching staff, including 10 Heads of Department, and approximately 20 non-teaching staff. Courses operate over a two-year period.
|Name of Principal||Years Served|
|Lee Fong Seng||1984-1988|
|Tan Teng Wah||1992-2001|
|Tan Tiek Kwee||2001-2006|
|Ms. Susan Leong||2006-2011|
|Mr. Lee Seng Hai||2011-2015|
|Ms. Tay Lai Ling||2016–Present|
Identity & Culture
The college crest is formed from the initials of the College. The letter A, in the form of a yellow flame, symbolises the vitality and youthful aspirations of the students. The dark blue letters, J and C, supporting the flame, symbolise college support for the individual in his efforts to realise his ambition. The four circles at the base depict racial harmony, highlighting the college motto.
The crest was designed by Mr. Heng Eng Hwa in 1984.
The college motto is Non Mihi Solum, which is Latin for Not for Myself Alone.
For competitive intra-school events, the school population is divided into five houses:
- Jaguar (Red)
- Panther (Yellow)
- Puma (Green)
- Cheetah (Grey)
- Cougar (Blue)
The House Committee is in charge of each house, with each house having at The House Captain and the Vice-Captain. The house committee is made up of student councillors.
|College facilities||Classrooms and labs||Sports facilities||Aesthetics facilities|
Anderson Junior College Hostel
The Anderson Junior College Hostel was opened in 2012, providing accommodation for scholars in AJC as well as those from Nanyang Junior College, Anderson Secondary School, Nan Chiau High School and Catholic High School.
Anderson Junior College offers both Arts and Science courses that leads up to the Singapore-Cambridge GCE Advanced Level examinations.
Co-curricular activities (CCA)
- Naomi Tan Ming Ai: Gold medalist national sailor, 1998 Asian Games
- Jasmine Ser: Olympian (Shooting), 2012 Summer Olympics
- Karthikeyan Somasundaram: Artiste, Mediacorp Vasantham
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anderson Junior College.|
- Official website
- Anderson Junior College Integrated Virtual Learning Environment (IVLE)
- Anderson Junior College Information & Communication Portal (ajinc)
- AJC Alumni Association
- http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2015/10/08/annex-a-aacp-2015.pdf[permanent dead link]
- Here are the junior college cut-off points entry scores for 2016 | Mothership.sg
- "life as an asean scholar: Living in Singapore". 2016-11-08. Archived from the original on 2016-11-08. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "A Tribute to Mrs Tay". Anderson Junior College Alumni Association. 2014-10-18. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- Stricter rules on JC transfers
- "Anderson Junior College Kiss pic gets Digged!". 25 July 2007. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "NEW STEWARD AT THE HELM". Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- Lin, Rongxiang. "Non Mihi Solum". Linrx-Again. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "These". Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "SPEECH BY MR THARMAN SHANMUGARATNAM, ACTING MINISTER FOR EDUCATION, AT THE AJC 20TH ANNIVERSARY - HOMECOMING DINNER OF ANDERSON JUNIOR COLLEGE AT SUNTEC BALLROOM ON SATURDAY, 24 JULY 2004 AT 7.30 PM". Retrieved 7 March 2016.