Anderson River (Indiana)
A covered bridge over the river, along the Perry/Spencer county line
|Main source||Johnson Township, Crawford County, Indiana
815 ft (248 m)
|River mouth||Confluence with the Ohio River at Troy, Indiana
390 ft (120 m)
|Progression||Anderson River → Ohio → Mississippi → Gulf of Mexico|
|Length||50 mi (80 km)|
The Anderson rises in western Crawford County in the Hoosier National Forest and flows generally southwardly through southeastern Dubois County and along the common boundary of Perry and Spencer counties, past the town of Saint Meinrad. It joins the Ohio River just downstream of the town of Troy.
Near its mouth it collects the Middle Fork Anderson River, which flows for its entire length in Perry County.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map Archived 2012-04-05 at WebCite, accessed May 13, 2011
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Anderson River
- Columbia Gazetteer of North America entry
- DeLorme (1998). Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-211-0.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Middle Fork Anderson River
|This article related to a river in Indiana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|