|Andha Oru Nimidam|
|Directed by||Major Sundarrajan|
|Written by||Major Sundarrajan|
K. Dinakar (dialogues)
|Produced by||Pala. Karuppiah|
|Cinematography||T. S. Vinayagam|
|Edited by||R. Devarajan|
Andha Oru Nimidam (transl. That One Minute) is a 1985 Tamil-language thriller film directed and written by Major Sundarrajan. The film stars Kamal Haasan and Urvashi while Jayamalini, Thengai Srinivasan and Pandari Bai play supporting roles. It was released on 31 May 1985.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2022)
Kumar is a lawyer by profession and also actively involved in social work. He falls in love with Vasanthi, a village girl and her grandfather works as housekeeper/car driver in Raj Shekhar's house. One day Raj Shekhar murders his friend/partner Madan and cunningly puts the blame on the grandfather who is arrested and put behind bars. He manages to escape from prison one night to kill Raj Shekhar, but is murdered by Raj Shekhar in front of Kumar and Vasanthi instead. Kumar tries his best to prove in court that Raj Shekar is guilty but loses the case as there is no proper proof of Raj Shekar's guilt. Kumar, with the help of Vasanthi start investigating and gathering evidence of the murders of Madan and the grandfather. Kumar's family and his lady love, Vasanthi, are put in danger as he tries to prove Raj Shaekar's guilt. How does Kumar catch the culprit Raj Shekhar? What happens to the love of Kumar and Vasanthi? The climax reveals all these answers.
- Kamal Haasan as Kumar
- Urvashi as Vasanthi
- Major Sundarrajan as Rajasekar
- Y. G. Mahendran as Balu
- Thengai Srinivasan as Seenu
- Pandari Bai as Radha
- Venu Arvind as Inspector Raju
- Saleema as Archana
The music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja and Tamil lyrics were written by Vairamuthu, Gangai Amaran and Na. Kamarajan. The songs were composed at a place near Aliyar Dam. The orchestration for "Siriya Paravai" was finished by Ilaiyaraaja in half an hour.
|1.||"Alaigalil Midhakkudhu"||Vairamuthu||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||4:27|
|2.||"Pachondiyyeh Kelada"||Gangai Amaran||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:28|
|3.||"Kaathiruppadhu Pathiruppadhu"||Gangai Amaran||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Malaysia Vasudevan||4:30|
|4.||"Siriya Paravai"||Vairamuthu||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:50|
|5.||"Thevai Indha Paavai"||Na. Kamarajan||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. P. Sailaja||4:20|
|6.||"Nalla Neram Neram"||Vairamuthu||S. Janaki||4:04|
- "Andhaoru Nimidam ( 1985 )". Cinesouth. Archived from the original on 13 November 2004. Retrieved 11 October 2022.
- "When a shooting halted production of Andha Oru Nimidam". The New Indian Express. 28 May 2019. Archived from the original on 3 June 2019. Retrieved 3 June 2019.
- "Andha Oru Nimidam Tamil Film LP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 11 October 2022. Retrieved 11 October 2022.
- S, Srivatsan (4 November 2019). "'Naanum Kamalum': Where SPB rendered hit songs of Kamal Haasan". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 11 October 2022. Retrieved 11 October 2022.