This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)
|• Body||Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)|
|Time zone||IST GMT+530|
400069 (East), 400059 (J B Nagar), 400093 (MIDC), 400053 (Azad Nagar), 400058 (West), 400072 (Sakinaka), 400096 (SEEPZ), 400099 (International Airport), 400049 (Juhu), 400061 (Versova)
|Vehicle registration||MH 02|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Mumbai North West|
Government and politics
For administrative purposes, the area is separated into Andheri West and Andheri East. Andheri West comes under K/W ward of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation while Andheri East comes under the K/E ward of the same.
Andheri east and west are key areas in Mumbai, with several film studios and TV news channels.
The Andheri railway station is among the busiest railway stations in the city The expansion of the Mumbai Metro in the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor is a part of the government's master transportation plan.
Line 1 of the Mumbai Metro spans the entire suburb of Andheri (Andheri metro station) connecting Versova in the west to Ghatkopar in the Eastern Suburbs, covering a distance of 11.4 kilometres (7.1 mi). It is fully elevated, and consists of 12 stations. 9 out of the 12 stations are in Andheri. Work on the corridor began on 8 February 2008. A cable stay bridge over Western Express Highway & a Steel Bridge spanning the Western railway line, on the project was completed at the end of 2012. The line opened for service on 8 June 2014. Latest statistics reveal that approximately 85 million passengers have used the metro line in the first 11 months since its launch.
- "District Census Handbook - Mumbai Suburban" (PDF).
- Nair, Ashwini (5 July 2012). "Will Andheri East still remain a media hub?". The Economic Times. Retrieved 31 July 2023.
- "Authorities finding it difficult to decongest Andheri station area". Daily News and Analysis.
- Indian Economy - K. R. Gupta, J. R. Gupta - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved on 6 December 2013.
- Mumbai Metro Archived 12 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Mumbaimetroone.com. Retrieved on 6 December 2013.
- A Mumbai Metro train every three minutes - Mumbai - DNA. Dnaindia.com. Retrieved on 6 December 2013.
- "Know Your Metro - Features". Reliance Mumbai Metro. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Metro ride in June '13? Work on crucial bridge completed". The Times of India. 26 December 2012. Archived from the original on 28 September 2013. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Maharashtra CM Prithivraj Chavan flags off Mumbai Metro". The Times of India. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Over 8 crore commuters travelled in Metro since June 2014 - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. 31 May 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority - Metro Line - 2". mmrda.maharashtra.gov.in. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "Metro Line - 2B". mmrda.maharashtra.gov.in. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- "DETAILED PROJECT REPORT". mmrda.maharashtra.gov.in. Retrieved 16 September 2020.
- Shrivastava, Prabhat, and S. L. Dhingra. "Operational Integration Of Suburban Railway And Public Buses—Case Study Of Mumbai." Journal of Transportation Engineering 132.6 (2006): 518–522. Academic Search Premier. Web. 29 May 2012.