||This article possibly contains original research. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||IST GMT+530|
|PIN||Andheri H.O. 400 053|
|Vehicle registration||MH 02|
Sher-e-Punjab Housing Society is the single largest co-operative residential housing society in Mumbai with 1,251 members.
The Andheri railway station is the among the busiest railway stations in the country and also on the Western Line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway and the expansion of the metro in the Versova-Anderi-Ghatkopar corridor is part of the government's master transportation plan.
Line 1 of the Mumbai Metro spans in the entire suburb of Andheri connecting Versova in the west to Ghatkopar in the Eastern Suburbs, covering a distance of 11.4 kilometres (7.1 mi). It is fully elevated, and consists of 12 stations. 9 out of the 12 stations are in Andheri. Work on the corridor began on 8 February 2008. A cable stay bridge, spanning the Western railway line, on the project was completed at the end of 2012. The line opened for service on 8 June 2014. Latest statistics reveal that approximately 85 million passengers have used the metro line in the first 11 months since its launch.
The international terminal of the city's Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport is located near Sahar village in Andheri East. There are two separate terminals operating the domestic and international operations.
- "History Of Andheri -". Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- Baljeet, Parmar. "Sher-e-Punjab housing society election stayed". Daily News and Analysis.
- "Authorities finding it difficult to decongest Andheri station area". Daily News and Analysis.
- Indian Economy - K. R. Gupta, J. R. Gupta - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
- Mumbai Metro Archived December 12, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.. Mumbaimetroone.com. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
- A Mumbai Metro train every three minutes - Mumbai - DNA. Dnaindia.com. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
- "Know Your Metro - Features". Reliance Mumbai Metro. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Metro ride in June '13? Work on crucial bridge completed". The Times of India. 26 December 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Maharashtra CM Prithivraj Chavan flags off Mumbai Metro". The Times of India. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "Over 8 crore commuters travelled in Metro since June 2014 - The Economic Times". Retrieved 2015-06-12.
- Shrivastava, Prabhat, and S. L. Dhingra. "Operational Integration Of Suburban Railway And Public Buses—Case Study Of Mumbai." Journal Of Transportation Engineering 132.6 (2006): 518-522. Academic Search Premier. Web. 29 May 2012.