Andhra Pradesh Prohibition and Excise Department
|Andhra Pradesh Prohibition and Excise Department|
|Operations jurisdiction||Andhra Pradesh, IND|
|Legal jurisdiction||State of Andhra Pradesh|
The Andhra Pradesh Prohibition and Excise Department is the law enforcement agency for excise in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.The Department enforces laws related to liquor, narcotics, psychotropics and Medicines that contain alcohol and narcotics.
The agency's duties are to:
- Ensure that the Excise Revenue is protected and collected according to the acts and rules.
- Prevent illegal production of liquor and its trafficking.
- Prevent the trafficking of Narcotic Drugs.
- Campaign against Alcoholism.
The Excise Revenue is the second largest source for the State Government.
- "New excise policy: AP to select liquor outlets through draw of lots". thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- "APOnline - Organisation Info". www.aponline.gov.in.