||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Newent, United Kingdom
|Known for||Magician and notable publisher / writer of books for magicians.|
Andi Gladwin (May 10, 1983) is a professional British close-up magician, lecturer, publisher and performer. He has appeared on television numerous times, has lectured for magicians throughout the UK, US and Europe and written / published several books on magic (especially on card magic). Gladwin is an Associate of the Inner Magic Circle and was granted the Maskelyne Literary Award from the prestigious club.
Gladwin was born and raised in Newent, Gloucestershire where he currently resides. When he was 10, he saw a number of stage illusionists while on holiday. His interest in magic blossomed and he began to perform regularly from age 15. After working in IT for almost ten years, he became a professional close-up magician in January 2010.
Gladwin's TV engagements include performances on BBC1, BBC2, Channel 4 (The Big Breakfast) and The Young Magician's Showcase; a television special where he was picked by Las Vegas illusionist Lance Burton as one of the best young magicians in the world.
In both 2004 and 2010, the industry magazine MAGIC Magazine dedicated their entire trick column - Talk About Tricks - to Gladwin's magic. In December 2010, the same magazine had a large profile on and interview with Gladwin.
Since 2006, Gladwin has organized a conference for magicians called The Session. In 2012 he also started organizing Magi-Fest, one of America's oldest magic conventions.
In 2010, Gladwin released his work on the Double Lift and Second Deal called The Master Pushoff. This two DVD set received rave reviews, such as "I sincerely hope it will serve as a model for other magicians who turn to DVD as a teaching medium; it's miles ahead of the pack in many important ways." — Gordon Meyer  and "Acquiring this skill will take work and practice, but the result is worth it. It will open up a new world of possibilities, and the DVD set is highly recommended. " —Matthew Field, The Magic Circular Magazine 
In 2014, Gladwin became the "Magicana" columnist in Genii Magazine.
- In September 2012, Gladwin won the J.N. Maskelyne Literary Award; an award given by The Magic Circle for his contributions to magic literature.
- Jack Parker's 52 Memories (2008)
- Tyler Wilson's Dominatricks (2006)
- Movers & Shakers (with Tyler Wilson) (2007)
- The Magician's Ltd Cookbook (2007)
- High Spots (2009)
- Experience: The Magic of Jon Allen (2009)
- A Clockwork Apple (2009)
- Route 52 (2010)
- Rune's World (2010)
- Above the Fold (2010)
- One Degree (2010)
- Destroyers (2010)
- Moments (2010)
- The Three Types (2011)
- Finding the Center (2011)
- Hold 'Em Magic (2011)
- "The Magic Circle". Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Armato, John (December 2010). MAGIC Magazine.
- MAGIC Magazine, December 2004, MAGIC Magazine
- "Magic, The Complete Course" by Joshua Jay (Workman Publishing)
- "Gladwin / Jay collaboration"[permanent dead link] As reported in November 2008, MAGIC Magazine.
- Gordon Meyer, "The Master Pushoff Review", My Lovely Assistant, 10 January 2011.
- The Magic Circular Magazine 3/1/2011