The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (June 2011)
|Genre||Indie Pop, indie rock|
|Country of origin||Scotland|
Andmoresound was an independent record label based in Glasgow, Scotland, managed and operated by musician and businessman, Lindsay Boyd. It was named in homage to the song "Andmoreagain" by the band Love.
Andmoresound was responsible for launching several Scottish indie pop and indie rock bands including Boyd's own group Mac Meda. Most notable signing was another band Boyd occasionally plays in, indie pop group Camera Obscura, a band who would find greater success on the Elefant Records and Merge Records labels. Mac Meda's debut single, "My Favourite Trashcan" claimed NME 's 'Single of the Week' title on its release.
List of notable releases
- 1998: Mac Meda – "My Favourite Trashcan" 7" single AND0145
- 1998: Camera Obscura – "Park and Ride" 7" single AND0945
- 1998: Camera Obscura – "Your Sound" CD single AND11CDS
- 2001: Camera Obscura – "Eighties Fan" CD single AND16CDS
- 2001: Camera Obscura – Biggest Bluest Hi Fi Album AND17LP
- "Camera Obscura, Shepherd's Bush Empire | Live Reviews | DIY". Thisisfakediy.co.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- "Camera Obscura". Camera Obscura. Archived from the original on 2 December 2009. Retrieved 5 March 2011.
- Mark Deming (11 October 2015). "Camera Obscura | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2 May 2020.
- Chile (11 February 2009). "Andmoresound's Label Page – Music at". Last.fm. Retrieved 5 March 2011.