January 31, 1997|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||177 lb (80 kg; 12 st 9 lb)|
172nd overall, 2015|
New York Islanders
Andong "Misha" Song (Chinese: 宋安东; born January 31, 1997) is a Chinese collegiate ice hockey player. Song is notable for being the first China-born hockey player to be drafted in the National Hockey League (NHL). Song was drafted in the sixth round, 172nd overall in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Islanders.
Early and personal life
As a child, Song played in the Beijing International Ice Hockey League (BIIHL) minor league. When selected by the Islanders in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, Song played for the Lawrenceville School in New Jersey.
He played two seasons in the United States Hockey League (USHL) with the Madison Capitols after he was selected 160th overall in the 2016 USHL Entry Draft by the club before committing to play collegiate hockey at Cornell University of the ECAC from the 2018–19 season.
Regular season and playoffs
- Larry Kwong, Canadian-born Cantonese ethnicity NHL player for one season with the late-1940s New York Rangers.
- "Andong Song". eliteprospects. June 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "First Chinese player to be drafted chosen by Islanders". NHL. June 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "Andong Song becomes 1st Chinese-born player taken in NHL draft". CBC Sports. June 2015. Retrieved June 28, 2015.
- "Andong Song becomes first player from China drafted in NHL". Yahoo Sports. June 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "Andong Song Is Powering China's Growing Interest in Hockey". Vice Sports. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "Congrats to @NYIslanders prospect Andong 'Misha' Song for committing to Cornell University #WhosNextpic.twitter.com/ZcqldbNHAI". @USHL. 2017-03-01. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This Chinese biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|