|Full name||Andoni Elizondo Mendiola|
|Date of birth||5 August 1932|
|Place of birth||San Sebastián, Spain|
|Date of death||23 March 1986(aged 53)|
|Place of death||San Sebastián, Spain|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
A product of the academy system, he played for Real Sociedad between 1952 and 1964. His last two seasons were in the second level after suffering relegation in 1962. Elizondo played a total of 241 matches for Real Sociedad. He played a single game for his national team's B side in 1958 against Portugal.
It was Elizondo himself who took Real Sociedad up in his first year in charge as a manager. Elizondo intermintently managed the club over the span of a decade that transformed the club. Under his reign Real Sociedad stabilized in the top division and played in the Uefa cup twice, in his last two seasons. This was the first time in the club's history it played in a European competition. He also took Real Sociedad to the semifinals of the Copa del Generalísimo twice, in 1969 and 1976. Elizondo coached the team for a total of 234 matches.
His brother, Joseba, managed Real sociedad in 1961.
- Real Sociedad
- Date of birth is unclear as several sources indicate he was 52 years old when he died in 1986
- Fallecio Andoni Elizondo (Andoni Elizondo Died); El Mundo Deportivo, 24 February 1986 (in Spanish)
- El testamento de Andoni Elizondo (Andoni Elizondo's will); El Diario Vasco, 2 July 2011 (in Spanish)
- Elizondo as a player; Bdfutbol.com
- Portugal(B),0-España(B),0; El Mundo Deportivo, 13 April 1958 (in Spanish)
- Elizondo as a manager; Bdfutbol.com
- Cuarenta años después, vuelve la selección de Euskadi (40 years later the Euskadi team is back); El País, 16 August 1979 (in Spanish)
- Joseba Elizondo as a manager; Bdfutbol.com
|This biographical article relating to Spanish football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|