September 3, 1987 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)|
Alba Volán Székesfehérvár
András Benk (born September 3, 1987) is a Hungarian professional ice hockey winger who plays for Újpesti TE in the MOL Liga. He joined after a 9 year tenure with Alba Volán Székesfehérvár in the Austrian Hockey League.
He was member of the Hungarian national team which won promotion to the top division World Championship in 2008 after seventy years of absence. Benk also made into the team in the next year, however, just in his second match of the championship, following a hit by Scottie Upshall, he suffered a broken collar bone and had to sit out the rest of the tournament.
Awards & Achievements
- Hungarian Championship:
- Winner: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- IIHF World Championship Division I:
- Winner: 2008
- "András Benk Profile". Eurohockey.net. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "Hungary back after 70 years!". International Ice Hockey Federation. iihf.info. 19 April 2008. Archived from the original on 21 October 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- Wyshynski, Greg (27 April 2009). "Video: Upshall's suspension, the future of open-ice hits in NHL?". Yahoo! Sports. sports.yahoo.com. Retrieved 25 September 2011.